PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So pipe smoking will re-emerge with everyone smoking domestic bag and tub tobacco sold at gov't commissaries like ABC Stores or out of the trunks of cars, along with mostly estate pipes recycled until the bowls disintegrate. Pype dystopia.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looking forward to the P&C, SmokingPipes, etc mail/phone order catalogs. :/
The bill would limit all transactions to "face to face" only. Mail orders would be out altogether.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
It's not a big deal. Tobacco businesses just need to adapt their business models in the name of saving the children...and start producing and selling women's toiletries. Instead of B&M's we can start supporting D&T's...douches and tampons...
I really have no idea why there are apologists on a pipe smoking forum for the a-hole politicians and their a-hole ideas.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Not to be too political, but one party tends to be very anti-smoking. Why any smoker would align themselves with the party of Rob Reiner is beyond me.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I had Skype once.
Fortunately a long-term regimen of broad-spectrum antibiotics put it in remission.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Pype dystopia.
Can’t get political, but yes, I couldn’t agree more. In every aspect of our lives, this is indeed where things are headed. ‘They’ want it all. From the Boy Scouts to pipe tobacco. All of it. Not joking.
We hang together or we hang separately.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Whoa, did it come with Melissa or Wannacry?
lol ... I had to look those up...I figured they must be computer viruses.
Strange times this internet age.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I see a lot of Skyping and FaceTime in the future....
Probably a loophole they have considered as Skype is not true face to face. UPS already will not ship cigarettes and mini cigars and the bill will likely ban private shipments of tobacco.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I goes deeper than political parties, even beyond them. The masses of antis plus the W.H.O. have got their eyes set on crushing the thing.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
^^

This. Something I suspected, but essentially confirmed after reading the replies to the E-mails sent to elected officials fighting the plain packaging for all tobacco products new regulations.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There are also two significant, must read articles on the site linked in the OP that offer some hope for a bit of sanity being involved in all of this...and address most of the key issues involved.
One would hope that since the IPCPR (ostensibly) includes pipes, that if this "exemption" were to be successful it would include "premium" pipe tobacco as well as premium cigars.
Rubio Holds Congressional Hearing on Premium Cigars
https://tobaccobusiness.com/rubio-holds-congressional-hearing-on-premium-cigars/
Castor Introduces HR 1854 to Exempt Premium Cigars
The bill joins other efforts on Capitol Hill to exempt premium cigars from federal regulation including senate bill S9 that also seeks premium cigar exemption and was introduced by Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL).
“IPCPR is very pleased that there is a strong bi-partisan support for the thousands of premium cigar retailers throughout this country and the many thousands our members employ,” commented Scott Pearce, executive director of the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR). “We are proud that as we have engaged policy makers, our message that continuing with existing and planned regulations on this artisanal industry will cripple it to the point of obsolescence, has resonated and is gaining momentum.”
https://tobaccobusiness.com/castor-introduces-hr-1854-to-exempt-premium-cigars/

Status
Not open for further replies.