PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Title shortened and recast. The former title:
"So I got a nice bent billiard and have smoked 1Q in it only to realize I don’t dig Aromatics much"

At least the ones I’ve tried. Been smoking 5 bros burley in a cob, and a few English/Scottish blends in a Warden. Wondering if there are stronger less chemically tasting Aros I might try ? Or what’s the best way to change horses midstream with this bent billiard ? There is not much of a cake at all maybe 10 bowls worth can I save it by smoking straight Virginia or Burley through it or have the Aros ghosted/ruined it? Are there Good natural tasting Aros I should try to cake it with and enjoy? Thanks so much in advance. I love this place…
IMO JM Boswell, The Country Squire and Sutliff make the best aromatic selections overall. C&D has a few good ones as does Mac Baren. Not a huge Lane Limited fan myself but some people really love them. 1Q ghosting that's interesting. Throw some Carter Hall in that pipe or do deep cleanse.

Reactions: anotherbob

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Wilke 515;

Wilke Rumcake;

EGR;

Samuel Gawith Grousemoor;

I bought a tin of it this year, a really amazing blend, light VA floral notes and lemon, grass, bread, vanilla. I really love this blend, I highly recommend it.

It’s not a yucky Lakeland at all, more like floral, fruit notes, and not heavy at all, very nicely done.

P.S. I need to go pack a bowl of Grousemoor now! LOL ?

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I have seriously smashed a few. And, low and behold they were aromatic ghosts that drove me nuts. IMO, they are way worse than Lakelands. I think that they differences of opinions, is that most guys secretly like aromatic flavors... like an in the closet sort of thing.
I’ve given a Viking funeral to more than a few in my time.

When I left Canada for New Zealand I burned about thirty misused and maltreated briar stummels in my parents wood burning stove.

Ironically, the pipes burned down to a fine white ash.