PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Come on, you made me google 80s…. Ha ha. Yeh, those bent Pete dogs were Kashmir’s favorites when he was a member here. I like some of the bent bullies by Peterson that he used to post…. but I’ll just have to wait for one that appeals to me more.
Which suits you? Four on the right

11BE509C-8806-4BF7-8273-0FD4F69CA8BD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Even if made in Dublin still not British,as Dublin is in Ireland not Northern Ireland;)
but I get your drift re outsourcing
No, that was my point exactly, they are not British yet the post (and others) are in the British pipes section.

Once upon a time when I was in primary school we had a teacher of English who's Irish, married in Greece and living in Greece for decades, trollish as I was even as a kid I told him one day "Sir, from my point of view Irish are English", he replied that saying that in places in Ireland could get me doused in petrol and set on fire :P

Reactions: paulfg

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
No, that was my point exactly, they are not British yet the post (and others) are in the British pipes section.

Once upon a time when I was in primary school we had a teacher of English who's Irish, married in Greece and living in Greece for decades, trollish as I was even as a kid I told him one day "Sir, from my point of view Irish are English", he replied that saying that in places in Ireland could get me doused in petrol and set on fire :P
ah totally missed your point,I assumed you were refering to the hints that have been posted here about outsourcing manufacturing

Reactions: karam

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
My take...is that Peterson is trying to come into the 21st century with a boatload of 19th century fans in tow.
It's the 20th century I worry about, rife with blood and pretense, wars and indoctrination. So they're Bauhausing pipes now, and calling it a new trend? Another reason to stick to cobs and be happy. Not to put too fine a point on it, but they can stick these in their ass. (Can I say that?)

Reactions: Chasing Embers
The bowl coating os spot on, not flaky, not greasy like the Rua. I rinsed the bowl just as soon as I unboxed it last night. Some of the black washed out, no stain came off. I didn’t push removing all of the coating.
Just smoking it now for the first time. I still get a bit of dry mouth from the coating, but not bitter. With my Rua, it took 12 bowls till I was tasting all of the tobacco nuances, but I suspect this one will “come about” sooner.

2FEF8AA4-2611-4D21-A720-98E617B62148.jpeg

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Even if made in Dublin still not British,as Dublin is in Ireland not Northern Ireland;)
but I get your drift re outsourcing
A pedant writes:

even if made in Northern Ireland they would not be 'British'...

Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Great Britain only consists of England, Scotland and Wales; all being on the same island.

But then Northern Ireland and Eire are all part of the island of Ireland; and the island is in the British Isles archipelago...

At which point I'm going to fill one of my Peteson's with Old Dublin and pour out a Jamesons (although I may follow that with a Bushmills for good measure).

Reactions: paulfg

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
A pedant writes:

even if made in Northern Ireland they would not be 'British'...

Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Great Britain only consists of England, Scotland and Wales; all being on the same island.

But then Northern Ireland and Eire are all part of the island of Ireland; and the island is in the British Isles archipelago...

At which point I'm going to fill one of my Peteson's with Old Dublin and pour out a Jamesons (although I may follow that with a Bushmills for good measure).
agreed,although I didnt state the NI was British.I maybe implied it with my poor wording
As you say it is in the UK = GB & NI

Reactions: timelord