PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Hi All,
Periodically I re-introduce myself though I have been posting here for about two years.
My name is Mike Smith but on four boards, pipesmagazine one of them, my ID is "4nogginsmike." I work for Mr. Richard Gottlieb, sole owner of 4noggins.com. My only reference to him is by my ID. I do not otherwise represent him, his store or his products, nor do I post about them. It is my privilege to participate here.
Thank you,
Mike Smith

emaine

Lurker
Sep 10, 2015
Greetings to All --
I am smoking Haddo's Delight in an old Vuillard billiard as I write this post. This cite is a real pleasure.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Hi everybody and Greetings from sunny Cyprus!Been smoking the pipe every single day for about a year now.We have a bit of a situation with getting decent tobacco here on the island.I must order online and wait all the time,and not to mention the shipping costs,but it is what it is.Anyway, run out of good stuff again and while waiting for my order of various englishes,i am smoking some Erinmore Flake in my trusty 9 mm Svenborg Careen half bent Brandy Billiard without the filter.Could not get used to those.This Erinmore,not as bad as i have read some people say.Cheers everyone!!!Alex.

haddoken

Lurker
Sep 8, 2015
Hello all. My name is Kenji and I live in San Diego. I have been smoking a pipe for about a year now and decided that it was about time to join the forum community.

ghoststone

Lurker
Sep 14, 2015
Just wanted to say Hello. I have enjoyed this forum and have learned so much, I knew it was time to join. My name is Jim and I live in Indiana.

rgoyer

Lurker
Dec 18, 2013
ALEXANDRIA, ON, CANADA
Hey all!! I've been smoking pipe for about 2 years. Im also from Canada so zi buy my tobacco online because taxes are crazy up here!! Excited to be here and to chat with fellow pipers!!

swedishpiper

Lurker
Sep 17, 2015
Hello from SE Wisconsin. I tried my first pipe when I was about 18. Dad had a pipe in his end table and the country club where I worked at the time, a gentleman left his tobacco behind after a wedding. He never returned to claim it, so the manager let me take it home. The experience went as expected... not so hot. But it stuck with me. Jump ahead to over a year ago and I'm now 40. A good friend of mine, who smokes a pipe, gave me a crash course and I have fallen in love. There are now 5 of us who smoke together with some regularity.
Anyway, new to the forum and am looking forward to learning from you more seasoned pipers. If anyone on here is from SW Wisconsin, Kenosha specifically, let me know. I'm in the beginning stages of starting up a local pipe club.
Cheers,
Garreck

hedgehog42

Lurker
Sep 16, 2015
Howdy,I just joined.im a 48 yo cigar smoker for the last 31 years. Sitting here smoking my new pipe for the second night in a row. Breaking in my Josh Bamford nosewarmer blowfish I also bought a neerup ida 3 and a neerup freehand but haven't smoked them yet..Hello to all.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Hello folks. I am a 28 years old newbie in pipe smoking from Azerbaijan - a country most of you will search on google and realize that it is close to Turkey (home of meerschaums) :) I have been smoking hookah since 2005, cigars since 2009, cigarettes since 2011 (I quit cigarettes a month ago). I recently started smoking pipes and I am enjoying them. Recently ordered few MM corn cobs online, will purchase several briars as well. Nice to meet you all.
Cheers.
Javanshir

Sep 18, 2015
Hi, I' new to the forum and relatively new to pipes, I've been a cigar person for a while then about a year and a half ago I picked up a basket pipe at my local b&m and I've been broke ever since (PAD followed by TAD) I'm hoping that some of you fine Botl can show me how to control (or at least moderate) this terrible disease before it's to late.

l683

Lurker
Sep 20, 2015
hello! Pipe smoker since 1968. Recently found this website. Figered I learn more and enjoy conversation! thanks.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
New member here. Well, for about a month now. I'm 41 yrs old and live in Winston Salem, NC. After being an occasional cigar smoker since my mid-to-late 20's, I stumbled back upon the pipe. The flavors and pleasure the pipe has brought has been like a new discovery. My tastes have changed, I guess, and I've found myself attached to my pipe for the past year. I am also working to build a collection of pipes, slowly, so that I might have something to pass on someday in this world where fine things that take patience and respect seem to be no more. If there's anyone else in Winston Salem, drop me a line. I'd love to find a buddy or two to enjoy a good smoke with.

arodriguezmd

Lurker
Oct 10, 2015
NJ, USA
Hello. I'm 52 years old and live in Washington Township, NJ. I purchased some "corn cob" pipes in 2009 and a couple of tins/pouches of tobacco to share with my then 77 year old dad. I enjoyed it very much but a few weeks later as it got colder (can't smoke in the house), I gave it up. But last week, I turned 52 and figured - I'll try it again. I had never opened some of the tins and I guess not too surprisingly the tobacco is in great shape. I've transferred it all to ball mason jars and have been learning/relearning how to pack and light a pipe. Only have one briar (a Savinelli Roma) and 3 Ozark corn cobs but I'm having fun and enjoying the new hobby. Hope to learn more in the forums.

thnaks

Lurker
Oct 8, 2015
Hello all, new here from Maine.

I've been intrigued by pipes since childhood, the beautiful woods, the wonderful aroma, the ritual. A few years back I announced to my family that when our son eventually went off to college, I was going to learn to smoke a pipe. Well, I need a fun project right now so here I am a few years early. Have never been a smoker of anything before, but have two beautiful pipes on the way. I'm grateful for this friendly place to ask questions and read around for answers...Hello to everyone

porchsitter

Lurker
Oct 11, 2015
Hello all from the flyover state of Oklahoma.
New to pipes coming from cigars and a brief run at chewing tobacco. I grew up with a father and uncle that smoked pipes and have always enjoyed the ritual associated with it.
I am relying heavily on this forum to educate me about this art and science and look forward to someday obtaining true codger status!

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
Hello all, this is my first post on the forum. Im from the south side of Chicago and I've been smoking a pipe for a little over a year and a half now. Im a woodworker by nature so the craftsmanship of pipes appealed to me after dabbling in cigars for a few years. All it took was one bowl of a good house blended tobacco and I fell in love. I've made one freehand pipe thus far and I'd like to learn more about the craft, as well as what great blends are out there. My taste profile is quite small.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hello everybody just introducing myself to the forum.decided to sign up today after a year or so reading the great posts on here. My names simon I'm a pipesmoker of twenty years or so here in England. My favourite pipes are comoys & my regular baccys are St. Bruno,Irish flake,presbyterian & revor plug. Looking forward to some good posts & banter to come. Keep puffing & posting!

tastysmoke1

Lurker
Oct 15, 2015
Hello everybody. My name is Steve and I'm from upstate NY. For the past 7 years i have lived in SLC Utah. I'm 31 and smoked cigarettes since I was 13. I had an occasional cigar for fancy events from time to time but never got into it. 3 weeks ago was my birthday and I promised the GF i would quit smoking. we walked in to a tinder box store to check it out and to my surprise SHE actually said I should try it to get over smoking cigs. needless to say I love it. and its been a few weeks with the patch and pipe smoking and I can finally start to actually taste flavors. I bought a MM legend and ordered a elf cobbit that night. I found out that all tinder box tobaccos are pretty much the same and not too strong as well as all being aromatic aromatic. I remember from cigars that I really like strong tobaccos. I'm looking for something that will punch me in the face when I walk in the room and know its a great tobacco. you know, something Chuck Norris would smoke if he did. and also for places to find great deals ona briar pipe since money is a bit tight and one reason I quit smoking cigs. Although Iknow how these hobbies work out. I got into wet shaving and old school brush and soap shaving to save money and it turned out to be way more expensive. but i learned a skill and now even enjoy shaving thanks to a straight razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.