PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Welcome aboard to all. I am quite new to this forum thing in general so forgive me for not welcoming everyone in. I'll try and keep an eye on this thread more often. This site has been so helpful for me, I'm glad to be a part of it.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Welcome aboard, John! Hey, you just list away, we won't mind. All of us are rather proud of our collections, and love sharing our passion with the other members. BTW, I'm sure you'll want to post some pics of those pipes soon. :wink: Anyway, enjoy your time here, and I'm looking forward to reading your future posts. Happy puffing!

Nov 18, 2011
Hello to all out there in cyber land after lurking for a while i joined up I love pipes and pipe smokeing it is a wonderful hobbey Ben smoking a pipe now off and on for 35 years but just found this site about 2 months ago. Its a Gold mine if info and such a great place to meet new frinds thank you to the founders,so much sorry for the bad grammer and am a terable typest as well im wateing on Dragon so that should set me free to talk to all of you and have a good time. thanks Denny.S

boulder

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'll need to take new pictures, don't want to post the same ones here :puffpipe:
Thanks Mr. Markw4mms, John

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
Hey everyone! Just found this sticky, so here goes!
Live in Indianapolis, IN, work on planes for a day job, but hope to change that soon. I have been smoking around 5 years now and making pipes about 2. I have toooooo many pipes to list, but most are estates. I have a few artisan pipes, and hope to add to that collection. Currently in the process of building my pipe-making shop. Have most everything setup, should have my machine lathe within 2 weeks (after a few months wait!).
Welcome to all the new members before me here!
Nate

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
Howdy Y'all from Buford Georgia
Just got back into pipe smoking a little while ago after a very long hiatus. Guess I originally got interested in pipe smoking because that was something that my friend's Dad did when we were growing up. (I also became a Chemist as he was).
Many more resources available now then in the late 70's. when I first picked up the pipe. (Back then I had to figure everything out by myself, and basically fumbled on simple stuff like packing a pipe) Still have alot to learn and re-learn, and am grateful for the plethera of available resources today.
Glad to find this resource and pipe community, and to come in from "the cold".
Still working to find a "favorite" tobacco. So far I have found aramatics to smell good but be too wet. I typically like strong flavors but have to be concerned with room-note (Suggestions would be appreciated). Going to be trying Sutliff Private Stock - Sunrise Smoke next.
Have a modest collection right now, some new and several estate pipes. My most unusual pipe is a double bowl blond briar that I have had for many years. Will post a picture of it as soon as I figure out how to do so.
Prephaps the sterotypical pipe smoker was a college professor. In my case its true.

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
Hey profpar!! Glad you're here!! You should try GL Pease Samarra or even Blackpoint if you like good flavor, and the room note on those isn't too bad. Enjoy!!

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Welcome Cliff, Igor, John, Nate, Profpar, hope I didn't miss anyone! Greetings, enjoy the site!

johnb

Lurker
Dec 9, 2011
good evening all, i just signed up. My Name is John, I am from Nanaimo BC Canada but I currently reside in Dawson City YT Canada for work.. i have been smoking cigarettes on and off for 15 years and bought my first pipes yesterday online i ordered a peterson and a savenelli. but i got itchy to get into it and ran to the local antique store today and bought an estate pipe in good shape and a pouch of cpt. black. anyways i look forward to conversing with all of you about this fantastic hobby

all the best

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Welcome aboard, John! It sounds like you've gotten off to a good start with your choices in pipes, as Pete's and Savinelli's are great! I hope you enjoy your time here, and I'm looking forward to your future posts. Happy puffing!

Mark

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
Hello all, I'm Joel - Signed up yesterday, haven't had a chance to post. I've been smoking a pipe off and on for the last 4 and a half years (since I turned 18), mostly just corn cobs and clunkers I've picked up at my local smoke shop. I recently ordered a good-looking 9.5" Churchwarden and a Peterson Aran from pipesandcigars.com, which ought to get me smoking quite a bit more than this old, torn up basket pipe and the dried up leaves I've been smoking. I'm hoping to eventually kick cigarettes and go full time pipe. We'll see how that goes.

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
Hi my name is peter, you have a great site here!! well i have been smoking pipes off and on, more on these days.started in 1973 not to date myself. born in hartford ct live there tru school years, then to largo fl for 12 years / now in milw wi for 22 years. I like lot's of tobbacco, still trying new ones,have about 60-70 pipes and still buying.. have some photos in my album , love riding my harleys 03 fatboy all custom / 2011 streetglide / hunting with my labs or just hanging with them / doing some wood working,made a few pipe's from block kits, but sold them. did a lot of fishing too but sold the boat!! that about all for now. so keep up the great stuff & keep puffing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.