PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
Hey guys, I am new and my name is brandon.

i smoked a pipe for the first time about a year ago, but last summer i finally bought my first pipe that was my own.
this year at school i met a few guys who live a couple doors down who also smoke pipes. it has been a great experience hanging out with them and smoking/experimenting with new tobaccos over the last few months. hopefully i will continue to learn and enjoy what i have already started to fall in love with.

mexiacop

Lurker
Dec 10, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm from Mexia Texas. I got my first pipe on my 20th birthday and I was 59 this past October. I kinda found this place by accident and decided to lurke a while before joining. Hope I can fit in with everyone.

Richard

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Hi everyone, I'm Jose. Been a cigarette and cigar smoker off and on for many years. Smoked my first pipe about a month ago, wow, what a terrific and pleasurable experience that was. Now I look forward to my relaxing pipe after a long day at work. I've read a few of the posts on this forum and see there are alot of good people here. Look forward to joining in with you guys.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Hey Everyone! My name's Tim. I'm an Anglican priest from Michigan currently working as a Prison Chaplain in Kentucky. I picked up my first pipe when I was 21. Didn't do much with it at the time. 3 years ago a fellow priest encouraged me to take it up again by gifting me a Valeni Contrast. I've been really serious about my pipes for about a year now and just came across this site a couple of days ago.
I used to smoke aromatics exclusively but have recently have branched out into English blends and found I LOVE them. Looking forward to talking with you guys. :puffy:
"On land, on sea, at home abroad

I smoke my pipe and worship God."

-Johann Sebastian Bach

mikewi

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
Hello everyone. I'm known on another pipe forum as mtsgsd, but I thought I'd pick something a little easier to translate here. I'm always looking for more places to get info, and buy/trade and this looks like a nice place!

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Welcome to all!!
We love questions, and don't worry about asking what you might think is a silly question. They're aren't any.

You will be very surprised by the number and quality of the responses.

There are a lot of very informed pipe smokers here and we all love to answer questions.

We like pictures too. So, post a picture of your pipe, backyard, lazyboy, garage, or smoking setup.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Welcome all.

I think I saw: Justin, Markus, Cliff, Denny, Nate, ProfPar, John, Brandon, Peter, Richard Joel, Tim and Mikewl. 8O
Sorry if I missed you :oops: If you joined in the last week or so... welcome as well
I am a fellow newbie (to some of you at least) and have found this forum to be extremely helpful. These guys have helped me and taught me a lot in the last couple of weeks.
Enjoy and happy puffing !
And for those who have been asking about my (newbie) pipe collection, I finally had some time on my hands to take some pictures and upload them. You can have a look at the album here.
Hope you like 'em ;-)

brice

Lurker
Dec 17, 2011
Hello, all, my name's Brice and I just joined to learn some more about pipes and what's good stuff to smoke and what's bad, simple stuff like that.

I'm 18 and haven't smoked a pipe yet, I inherited my grandfather's pipes a couple of years ago and I've always been interested in them. So I thought I'd try to find out more about smoking pipes in general and maybe give it a go myself.

buckley01

Lurker
Dec 8, 2011
Hello everyone. My name is Buckley. I am a new member and just wanted to say hello. I smoked a pipe in high school (that was 30 years ago). I am starting again after 30 years and looking forward to Christmas ( pretty sure Santa was tipped off by my wife) and I am getting a pipe for Christmas. Any tips and encouragement would be appreciated after the 25th. Also I am a home brewer and would love to talk brewing with anyone.

tcmcfadden

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
Hello to everyone. My name is Tim. I picked up a pipe back in the 70s and have smoked off and on over the years. However, I've never really learned about the art of smoking a pipe and the true pleasure of exploring different tobaccos. Now that I'm living/working in Afghanistan I have plenty of time to learn the art. Thanks to an article here on Estate pipes, I've just purchased my first one on Ebay. It is a Stanwell Design Choice circa 1970's. I've love to hear from someone with more experience on whether or not I've made a good purchase. Not so much about the price but more if the pipe is in decent condition. I've got pictures so if anyone would like to give me a good educated opinion, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you..

Dec 17, 2011
good evening from indonesia,mates!

im ANTON IDA SAPUTRO,i live in INDONESIA, its glad that i can joint this forum, since im a newbie in tobacco piping..hope all of u can share the knowledge in how enjoying tobacco with pipe:)

Status
Not open for further replies.