PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badeland

Lurker
Oct 27, 2012
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, but have had an old trusty pipe since 2006. As it's only been six years, I still feel like I'm learning a lot about pipe culture and can spend hours flitted away scouring the forums. The wife is getting me an upgrade for Christmas, and as my old pipe has never developed a healthy cake, I'm interested in breaking in the new one properly.
I currently teach English to college freshmen and find that the pipe is an amazing way to soothe the monotony of paper grading. Additionally, it's a perfect companion to reading literary theory.
Happy November and Movember; may we enjoy the pipe and never get prostate cancer.

http://z6mag.com/featured/no-shave-november-what-you-need-to-know-to-help-raise-prostate-cancer-awareness-1615140.html

(Though I should admit that I'm not starting clean shaven, and I'm not cultivating a mustache)
Also, would anybody like to recommend a good flake tobacco? I find it to be my preferred smoke.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Hello to all . I am a 33y/o nurse from Louisiana . I recently inherited a box full of vintage pipes , mostly imports . I have smoked pipes on and off for a few years . My first pipe was given to me by my great uncle . It was a kaywoodie . I loved the way he packed that IRC tobacco in it . I wish I could pack it that way but I'm learning . Now I have IRC , weber , Grenci , viggo nelson , berby pigskin , peteron , hilson , butz choquin , big Ben , mr. Anderson , elaborate carved meerschaums , and many more . I would like to get some history on them . Some care techniques , and cleaning tips . I like IRC 3 star blue tobacco , but that's all I know . I tried some Tobacco plus packs but they dont come close . Help would be great . Thanks for having a Spot for a Cajun on this forum .

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
hello everybody, Im a 25 year old newbie to pipe smoking and im loving every minute of it. im excited to be apart of this forum and cant wait to start smoking more new and exciting tobaccos. Right now im kinda stuck on OTC tobaccos but i know that i will have plenty of Questions in the future and i just wana thank everybody in advance for your opinions. until next time thanxs from the corncobguy.

iltoscano

Lurker
Nov 4, 2012
Hello everybody, just arrived.

I'm Marco from Rome (Italy), 44 yos. I've been smoking cigars since 1995 and pipe since 2009.

Happy to join all of you.

Cheers

Marco

smokeystover

Might Stick Around
Sep 20, 2012
Hi All,
New member from Wisconsin here. I've been smoking and collecting pipes for about 30 years now. I prefer Virginias and VaPers. Not a big fan of Latakia, but I'm always trying new and popular Latakia blends. Looking for my own Arcadia, I guess.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Hello,
My name is Gray. I am a recent newlywed (May) and college grad (also in May). I am hoping to begin a doctorate program in economics next fall and am currently working with a forensic economist.
I have been a cigar enthusiast for about 3-4 years and recently decided to give pipes a try! So far, I do enjoy it even though I find getting a good smoke out of a pipe more difficult than a cigar! Looking forward to trying many new blends, and hopefully lots more pipes.

cjdincus

Lurker
Nov 6, 2012
Hello everyone,

I just started pipe smoking about a year ago and really enjoy it. I look forward to meeting tons of new people and really furthering my knowledge about the wonderful smoke. Thank you!
Oh and my name is Cody and I am from sunny California!

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Well I have posted a couple of different places around here so I thought I should officially introduce myself.
Scott Nicely from Minneapolis Metro area. I bought my first pipe about 3 weeks ago and i am currently smoking the following:
Atlandis
Galleria Wild Cherrie

J1 Vanilla

Old Professor
Lilydale (a house blend from Perfect Ash)
I will be smoking the "Old Black" from Carey's smoke shop. (which I got from their great deal offered here)
My pipe collection consistes of a rustic M&T bent and the magic inch from the Carey's smoke shop offer.

mnull

Lurker
Nov 8, 2012
Hello Fellow Pipers, I recently decided to slow down and " Smell the Smoke" and started collecting and smoking pipes as a way to calm myself and reflect on life. And all I can say is why did I wait this long. Pipers have known this for years, Glad I know it now, Enjoy the Smoke Everyone Glad to be on board!

ceedee

Lurker
Nov 9, 2012
Hello pipers! I am a relative noob when it comes to smoking pipes, but am receiving some gracious advice and assistance from a good few friends who have smoked pipes for years. I am generally speaking a cigar smoker, but the intrigue of smoking a good pipe with great tobacco has re-taken my eye. I have a Jake Hackert nose warmer purchased about a year ago as well as a couple Stanwell estate pipes & a corn cob or two. Thus far, that has suited me well enough. Thus far... I look to purchase a pipe or two in the near future and explore the world of pipes some more. With regard to tobacco, I am all over the place now and finding what suits my taste. I have enjoyed a good few McClelland blends, Esoterica English blends, some McCranie's Virginia blends (I used to live in Charlotte, NC up to a few months ago), and now some Burleys. Haven't really gotten into aromatics, but I never really will stray from a new olfactory experience. I look forward to perusing the PM forums and learning from others experiences and likes. Cheers!
CD

1coolsmoke

Lurker
Feb 9, 2012
Hello all my name is Jeff,I've been a member for a while just really never posted anything due to not being computer savvey.This really looks like an awesome place. looking forward to talking with each of you.Will load an avitar as soon as i figure out how. LOL....

daweebz

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
Hey, I'm Danny. Just started smoking pipes about 4 months ago. Never smoked before, it was just an on the spot decision, and it turns out I really enjoyed it. I'm a Marine stationed in Okinawa, so there's not much selection when it comes to pipes or tobacco, so I just bought some pipes from the internet and I'll just deal with my limited selection of tobacco until I find a place that sells it off base. I'm still new to this so I look forward to learning more about how to do this the right way haha.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Hello, my name is Jim and I just started smoking a pipe(2 weeks now). I've been smoking cigars for about ten years and thought I would give pipes a try. I've been lurking around for a couple of days now so I thought I would introduce myself.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
New member here. I have a decent collection of pipes but would still consider myself a novice. I go off and on the pipe for at least 12 years. Still looking for a tobacco that I can call my favorite. Naturally I was drawn to aromatics in the beginning, and I still enjoy them, but want more. Tried a tin of Peterson Dublin and found it unsmokable. That is why I am here. To learn what I like and why.

Ron

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
Hello All,
My name is Jack from Toronto, Canada. Father of two, a beautiful 8-year-old daughter and a brand new 11 week old (so almost 3 months) little boy. I first picked up a pipe about 12 years ago while living in Mexico, but unbeknownst to me, it was a brylon and I didn't enjoy it (go figure). I was into cigars at the time, anyway. I've kept my grandfather's pipe with me over the years and, just last February, I found it again while going through a shoebox of stuff. I decided to grab some baccy and give it a go and it was really nice (despite the freezing cold). Since then, PAD, TAD and other afflictions have taken hold and here I am. Tinsky, Sasquatch, IMP, Dunhill, Ashton, Peterson, Mastro de Paja, Brebbia, Stanwell, Missouri Meerschaum and others are all names I'd never heard a year ago and can now be found in my pipe racks. I look forward to hanging out (virtually speaking) with you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.