PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudegger

Lurker
Jun 4, 2012
Hello from Canada,I just picked up pipe smoking a month ago, I quite smoking cigarettes 3 years ago and now that I've picked up a pipe its a sin they even call cigarettes tobacco, I've had the good fortune to have tried many different blends already, but I'm still for searching for my favorites, although Brighams Solitude is outstanding! I look forward from benifiting from the wealth of knowledge on this site.
Cheers!

garageb08

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2012
Hi all just started up a day ago or so. Have been welcomed by a bunch already. Can't wait to absorb y'alls pipe knowledge for myself. Just started to collect over a year ago. Up to 150 pipes give or take. Probably just a drop in the bucket to most of you. I love the hunt...looking for the those rare estate pipes hiding in junk stores, flee markets, estate sales, and Peddlers Malls. Just getting into restoration and learning from others the best ways. I smoke occasionally, don't have a favorite yet. Someday. Did the Chicago Pipe show first time this year. Only word....WOW!

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Hello I'm Gunnar, live in eastern WA, I just graduated highschool, Iv enlisted in the Marine Corps, I ship in November, I enjoy pipes and tobacco and I also love fishing and hunting and camping, I also fly radio control airplanes. Have a couple pipes, two Peterson's and Peter Kent a vienni, been smoking mostly aeros however iv started branching out into English's.
Cheers
Gunnar

( check out my pipe smoking channel on youtube)

MrGunnar177

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
enjoying my knock around peter kent pipe down by the river
IMG_9123.jpg

cheers

Gunnar

ivorhughjarse

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
Hi there from 50 yr old from Barnsley, South Yorkshire UK....I smoked a pipe in college years ago then never bothered again until I bought a pipe about a year ago and turned green with the first pipe full , but i persevered until someone told be about Kendal American Cherry Vanilla and since then i'm hooked.
I ordered a New(old stock)French Ropp cherrywood pipe which looks like a tree branch and my wife is dreading it turning up in the post as she says that i'll look a fool. When i walk the dog she already says i walk far too slow with the pipe but my pipe smoking is all about relaxing. I have several motorcycles and i like to stop at a beautiful setting and spend 35mins with my pipe..i enjoy all of the process from filling to smoking it to packing up to move on. It makes that moment in time far more special for me. If i ride with friends that smoke cigarettes i'm not allowed a smoke break at a casual stop, but i have to wait until a real stop because they know i cannot be rushed with my pipe. I saw this forum i found that i'm not alone...

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
New member here. Found the site while searching for a devil anse hatfield pipe. Only been smoking a pipe for a month or so. Used to be a big cigar smoker but just got to expensive. Picked up a couple decent estate pipes and haven't been happier.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Hello everyone,
New to this forum but not to pipes. I'm from the Austin, TX area. I've been a pipe and cigar smoker since I was old enough to legally buy tobacco. Cigars have always been my first love but I've always enjoyed pipes and have a decent little rotation I've built over the years with a few Dunhills, Castellos, Ferndown, etc.
They have been sitting unsmoked for some time so I finally got the bug to clean them all up and going on a tobacco buying rampage a few months ago. I've enjoying them more than I ever have before! I've since added a few more pipes and have no intention of ever putting them down again.
Looking forward to learning some new things and meeting new people here. Seems a lot of tobaccos have come and gone since I was last seriously smoking pipes.

ivoup

Lurker
Jun 9, 2012
Hell everyone
I'm Ivo Willemsen, 33, born on the 1st of october 1978. I live in the Netherlands close to the german border.
I see myself as a beginner pipesmoking and start to buy the first pipe 2 years ago

Maybe you ask why ivoup as nickname. I'm a huge railfanning person and my favorite railroad is the Union Pacific in the USA.

Been 2 times in the USA in 2007 and 2011. A friend has invited me to come to the USA. We have become good friends better and better.
Like most of the time stronger tobacco but also fruity tobacco at times. My first pipe was a classic pipe with a little bend in the stem.

Other hobbies are listen to the better country music. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, John Denver. Also animals are a big part in my life

I hope to introduce myself a bit and will say to the members of this forum who invite as friend Thank you.
My regards
Ivo

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Hey all,
My name is Chris. I signed up for the forums this evening after recently getting back into pipe smoking. I was(still am) a novice years ago, smoking drug store aromatics in your typical drugstore pipe. I have recently invested in a couple of Pete pipes which I am awaiting to arrive, and have been exploring some more noteworthy tobaccos.
I cant remember the google search I did that brought me here, but thus far I have found some very useful information on a number of topics. Thanks and nice meeting you all.

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
Hello everyone. I've come across this site several times in the past but finally spent some time looking around today and decided to join. I bought my first pipe, a Dr. Grabow which I still have, in February 1995 and am still at it. My smoking time is fairly split between pipes and cigars depending on mood, situation, etc. I have somewhere between 15 and 20 pipes, many of which are Petersons with a few Boswells as well. All are bent to varying degrees. As for tobacco, I prefer English due to taste but will sometimes smoke a 'mild English' blend that is somewhat aromatic if in very public areas. It tends to get a very positive reception.
Since this is an intro, I'm 38 as of this writing, live in the Pacific Northwest, typically described as a bear, and work in forestry. Most days are spent in front of a computer now and I miss smoking my pipes in the woods while working. Hobbies include woodworking, riding (06 Road King Classic and '97 Shadow ACE), hiking, camping, basketball, running, reading, gardening, and amusing my dogs. I have an SO who likes the smell of my pipes but prefers that they are 'exercised' in the garage or outside. Favorite accompaniment to a good pipe include scotch, dark beer (Deschutes Black Butte Porter), and Jack&Coke.

steve

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
Hello all
I'm Steve, I'm 21 and from the UK. I started smoking a pipe a couple of years ago but didn't get on very well (horrendous tongue bite) and I gave up on it quite quickly. My interest in the pipe was renewed around three months ago as I found some of my pipes in a drawer at home. I started browsing some pipe forums for some advice and quickly discovered that the failure of my previous attempt at pipe smoking was probably down to my basket pipe (that I didn't break in properly), my tobacco choice (I cringe now, but it was Borkum Riff Whiskey!) and my lack of patience and understanding. I decided that this time, I would make a proper attempt at it. I bought a few new pipes and bought some better quality tobacco and found that I was starting to enjoy it, especially after working on my packing and smoking technique. I struggle with smoking too fast, largely because I also smoke cigarettes. I also quickly discovered that I liked a less aromatic style of tobacco. TAD set in and I ordered quite alot of new blends to try, so much so that I am still working through them. I particularly enjoy english and balkan blends, and my current go to tobacco is Dunhill Nightcap.
So I'm here now, after browsing and lurking on this forum for over a month, I have decided to take the plunge and register as a member. I look forward to speaking to you all and getting to know you!

cctabla

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
Hi. My Uncle introduced me to the pipe and since then I have got the PAD and and the TAD. I have been smoking for about a year and a half and it has been a pleasure.
cctabla

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
Hey guys and dolls, greetings from beckley wv! joined the site just for the pipe talk, i believe im the only one in my neck of the woods smoking a pipe. its nice to have a place and people to discuss pipe smoking and related topics. hope everyone is having a great weekend!

thepassenger

Lurker
Mar 1, 2012
hi i'm Kostas from k.achaia (hellas) i like tabacco and pipe smoking ,i started with cigarettes and then love the pipe smoking,i have 1 zanotti pipe and some greek made, my tabacco choice is Borkum Riff mixture ,captain black and w.o. larsen.my nickname is because i'm a truck driver and by the way i have the opportunity to smoke some blends around europe,and find some really nice guys to help me know the art of smoking a pipe and still want to learn more.the pipe smoking is relaxes me.enjoy the weekend.....enjoy your pipes..........

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:clap: Welcome to all you New Members.

It's great to have new additions to our World Wide Brotherhood of Pipe smokers.

Brotherhood includes you ladies as well.
Don't be shy. Dive right in.

We all look forward to reading your question, comments, and seeing your photos.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.