PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Hi folks.

I'm not very good with computers, or knowing how to navigate these forums, so please bear with me as I get my bearings.

Long time cigar smoker who decided to try a pipe a few years ago. Bought some pipes and tobacco a few years ago, and on the shelf they sat. Recently picked them up again, and this time it stuck. Still love my cigars, but the pipe is very nice, consistent, and more economical....I think ;-)
I am a single dad. Have a very bright and lovable boy.

I work in the engineering field.

Went to college on an Art Scholarship.

Am quite a good Italian Cook.

Audiophile

Not much into sports as my upbringing was more art and music.

My dad played jazz drums in a very famous big band, so I grew up immersed in music.
Eventually, I'll figure ouy how to reply to messages, friend requests, etc. Until then, thanks for having me, and I wish you all well.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Welcome aboard, Danno! I hope you enjoy your time here! Just out of curiosity, what band did your dad play with? I think you'll find a lot to like here, with lot of friendly, knowledgeable folks to help you if needed. Looking forward to seeing of around. Happy puffing!

Mark

alamowest

Lurker
Nov 18, 2011
A warm Hello to all,
As one that has been a wall-wart (lurker) for a while I found the information here Very useful. While I started smoking pipes many years ago, it was not till this past summer that life events slowed me down. I have re-discovered the joys of the pipe and tobacco.
While a few of my pipes have expressed discontent from the neglect, others have warmed up just like an old friend. With 14 pipes in my collection, I enjoy visiting all of them on a rotational basis, with some more than others.
Now I have another battle to fight, the ever progressive disorder called PAD and its relative TAD. I am in hopes that those here are willing to assist with treating these disorders with their wisdom and knowledge.
Thanks in advance to all
Mike

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
markw4mms,
My dad played with Glenn Miller during the war. As you might know, Glenn Miller disappeared while traveling by air.
When my dad died, some band members came to his funeral. It was very touching.
He used to blast records, and play along. This caused quite a commotion forming quite a crowd outside the window of our Brooklyn home. Half the crowd would be cheering him on, the other half, telling him to keep it down. He never kept it down. ;-)

burntfruit

Lurker
Nov 19, 2011
Hi I am Duncan.
I started smoking pipes earlier this year.
I am 37 yrs old and live in the UK.
I have a local supplier in Leeds, where I get my tobacco and pipes from.
They are awesome, and I hope to learn more.
Thanks,

Burntfruit.

jben

Lurker
Nov 19, 2011
Hello all.
I am Joaquim, a 29 yrs old Portuguese guy.

I started smoking pipes a few month ago and have visited your site/forum several times, but only today I registered to learn more and share what I can.
Thank you in advance for all I'll learn from all of you.
JBen

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Hello, everyone! My name is Ed "Smokey" Strodtman and I have been a pipe smoker for 42 years. I look forward to participating in this forum and want to especially thank everyone who has already contacted me to be my friend. I am 59 years of age, have been married for over 28 years to a wonderful woman, and was a Steelworker until I got downsized and I now work at Walmart. My other hobbies include motorcycling, bicycling, pets, reading, and, of course, participating on pipe forums. I live on a farm about 9 miles west of Glasgow, a small river town in the central part of MO. I smoke all types of blends and have about 30 pipes. My motto in life is "BE FREE" and I have had that on my custom motorcycle license plate for 28 years. Thanks again for your friendship and camaraderie, everyone!

mrgoodtime

Lurker
Aug 29, 2011
Hi all Scott Moell here 29yrs old from Toledo Ohio been a cigarette smoker on and off for about 16 years and recently decided to switch to a pipe or at least try to.... I am having trouble finding anyone with knowledge around here not to mention I have only found one pipe smoker besides myself :( anyone from around this area know any clubs or just want to shoot the sh*t find me on here or facebook. Thanks

nooge

Lurker
Nov 21, 2011
UK
Hi All,
My name is Justin ... Known as D'Artagnan on Smokers Forums.
I am 43 and from the UK... Been smoking a pipe now for 8 years. I love vintage briars especially Barlings, however since working in Germany especially Munich I have some great pipes from George Huber Munich and Paul Becker. I'm looking forward to meeting you all !
Cheers
Justin

ontario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2011
Kemptville,Ontario,Canada
Said hello earlier but had things to do and short of time.Anyhow my name is Rick live in Ontario Canada...havent smoked a pipe in many years but recent events have had me stuck at home and decided to give it a try again..due to dollar problems only smoking a yello bole pipe with Sail yellow not the greatest but relaxing...anyhow been reading the forums and learning alot..thanks for all the info...take care.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Welcome aboard, Justin, and Rick! I hope you have an enjoyable time here, and look forward to reading your posts. Happy puffing! :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.