PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Hello, fellow pipers! (from Southern California)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Looks like a great forum. I've been a pipe smoker for a year and a half and have about 40 pipes in my collection (yes, I have PAD & TAD in all forms--haha). Looking forward to getting to know the bunch here and exploring!

echoangel17

Lurker
Jun 20, 2011
I am brand new to pipes and pipe smoking. I am a current cigar smoker and a friend has started me down this path.

On another forum, they started sending me samplers, pipes, cleaners, nails...basically bombing with stuff.
I am looking for insights and knowledge...

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome sorringowl and echoangel17. Glad to have you here. There is a lot of knowledge here. Hope to see both of you here often with your posts and any questions you may have.

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
Hello,My name is digitalshave:
I am around 30 years old and have recently begun pipe smoking (still not sure if I like it). My profession is that of a Licensed Practical Nurse. My previous tobacco experience is about 5 half smoked cigars over the last 15 years,and a breif 2 week trial of Red Man Chewing Tobacco. I have always been facinated by pipe smoking and pipe smokers ever since I was little. I currently have 3 Dr.Grabow pipes (2 bent, 1 straight)that's all I can afford at the moment. I am a closet pipe smoker and am only able to smoke about once a week. I have been reading about pipe smoking for years now and have been reading a lot of the wonderful posts/advice here. I hope with the help and advice of seasoned veterans like you, I will smooth out the bumps in this journey and finally be able to enjoy my hobby.
Thank You

digitalshave

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
I have been posting since June but I have not introduced myself. I am 29 and smoking a pipe consistently for only about 3 years. I teach history at the high school level. Beyond pipe smoking, I enjoy golf, my English bulldog Duke, and fishing.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Hi All, Just would like to say hi and tell you about Myself. I'm Rod (nick name Ace) 53 years old and just new to the retired thing. I smoked a pipe off and on for years and I smoked ciggs most of the time just that it was faster at work but now that I have time I'm going back to the pipe full time. I had all kinds of pipes over the years and most of the time I smoked Carter Hall tobacco. I just ordered a old pipe from ebay, did'nt get it yet.It's a old falcon bent stem and all I can see from the pic of it is made in england falcon and AN on the bottom. Can anyone tell Me how old it is, and what a good tobacco is to smoke in it? Thanks ROD

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
Hey everyone. Name's John, 21 years old.

I have been interested in pipes for a long time, but only yesterday decided to take the plunge.

did what everyone says not to and started dirt cheap. a $4 cobb and a $2 back of Whiskey flavored Red Cap.

cobb was garbage (leaked like the titanic) and the red cap gave me tung bite like i thai food. but non the less, i liked it (strange huh?)

today i picked up a $5 wood pipe, and some Captain Black cherry. muuuuchhhh better lol.

I think my next purchase will be a cheap briar ($25 ish?) and maybe some higher end tobacco?

hippie

Lurker
Jun 23, 2011
Hello I very new to pipe smokeing Ive been around it all my life and I can't wait to learn more and to mature in this wonderfull pipe community

:puffpipe:

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
Hey Everyone,

My name is Chad, I live in South Carolina with my wife and wee dog. I work as an Emergency Room Chaplain, but have recently returned to school to become a Trauma Nurse as well. I've been smoking pipes for the last 4 years or so, and prefer big english blends. I've poked around the site for awhile, mainly to learn a few things, and decided to join up. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Chad

juanjoabsolut

Lurker
Jun 25, 2011
Hi everyone. My name's Juanjo, from Spain, smoking pipes for one and a half year. Now I'm working in order to date a beautiful Astley's shape 22, canadian, recently bought. I'm going to seek in this forum for information.

¡Saludos!.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
Hi everyone been reading plenty of things on here about smoking and looking after pipes etc, like many i'm new to the site and only been smoking pipes for 2 years now.

nclinsey

Lurker
Jun 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

My name is Noel and I'm a musician from Winnipeg MB Canada. After being interested in pipes for years, I started smoking in February. I started on Virginia No1. and have moved on to Amphora Original Blend which I have really been enjoying. I look forward to learning a lot from this site and from the more experienced members and I have been loving looking at pics of the beautiful pipes many of you have.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Wow! Four new guys!
Welcome to you all.

Don't be shy. Dive right in.

We all look forward to the comments, questions, and pictures.
We're glad to have "all-y'all" in the fraternity.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to the newest members. We are certainly getting a global membership. Hope to see you all here quite often.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
greetings all pawpaw is what my granddaughter calles me and i was a 3 pack a day cigarette smoker and the new taxes were killing my wallet so i have switched to a pipe down to less than a pack a day but i am smoking 4 ozs of pipe tobacco a week

looking forward to when i can put the cigs down compleatly
i will be posting questions later

Status
Not open for further replies.