PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbcobwa

Lurker
Apr 16, 2017
Greetings from Washington state. I started my adventure into the pipe hobby a little over a year ago, and wanted to join the forum for pipe related advice and conversation.

My favorite tobacco blends are Mississippi River, Frog Morton's, and Dark Strong Kentucky, and I split my time between briar and cobs.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Welcome to the fray, kbcobwa!.......... You've picked some great blends........ I do the same, smoke my cobs sometimes more than my briars...... you'll like it here!....... :puffy:

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
I should have posted here first before I started a new thread about this...
Anyway, I'm Thomas Lee from Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I'm 27 years old, quit my day job (ran an online business with my fiancee, I guess you could call it virtual assistance) to fully commit to going to school to get my teaching credential and hopefully a masters and PhD soon after. I am an English major, so it's a little cliched that I'm smoking pipe now I guess. I enjoy music in general (recently got into folk and back into thrash/heavy/hardcore metal again). I play guitar (which I'm not very good at, but I play), I like to ride longboards and skateboards once in a while, I play video games still (if that makes me a nerd, than that's what I am), and I'm getting married to the woman that's stuck by me for the last 10 years at the end of the year. So yeah, that's me. Excited to be a part of this exciting and amazing community.
I noticed this is a little more "serious" than others, but I just wanted to really introduce myself to everyone.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Greetings from California ladies and gentlemen. Im James, and have been a piper for a few years now and am just discovering online pipe communities. This looked like the biggest and most active site, so here I am. Looking to make friends and discuss the hobby. I like everything from aromatics to Virginia / Burley blends, and my favorite pipe is an old Pete 312.
Be well!

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
Hello all you folk. seems like a well informed bunch here, I believe I'm going to enjoy participating. I was a passionate pipe smoker 20 years ago for more than 25 years. I fell off the wagon and went to cigars just purely out of laziness (and the demise of Balkan Sobranie) and smoked Arturo Fuentes quite happily until I realized I was blowing up my 401K with 2 boxes a month. finally decided again to pick up the pipes again (fortunately I kept them all) and am loving it again. I'm still shedding tears over the lack of Balkan sobranie 759, but it is enjoyable to keep looking for a suitable replacement. Drinking too much Scotch to help the taste buds though. What the hell, I'm a registered geezer, so I can do what I want. I am pleasantly surprised at all the tobacco offerings available now, I figured the anti-smoking Nazis would have driven most out (like sobranie, sniff, sniff). I'll just have to buckle down and keep looking for the holy grail tobacco.

Cheers.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
1st time poster, year long reader of the forums. Quit smoking cigarettes January of '16 after 25 years of blowing a lot of $ and accepting terrible tasting tobacco to satisfy my nicotine desires. NO more, the pipe has found me, I was watching a TV show where a woman was smoking a pipe (Fargo) looked interesting, so I gave it a whirl. I probably suffer from one of the worse cases of PAD and TAD (my wife thinks I am crazy), a combo of good luck with career/$ and a little OCD. I also have been active repairing and fixing estate pipes. So, thanks to the many members who have posted things about fixing and cleaning pipes, buying pipes, collecting pipes, cellaring tobacco, etc. I have spent thousands of hours in the last year totally obsessed with all things PIPE.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
Hello everyone. My name is Paul, I live in Cornwall, UK. I've been smoking a pipe for a long time. I've been making pipes for a long time, too. Making pipes and belonging to too many forums had complications, so I gave up on all of them several years ago. I do miss a good place to chat. I just want to be a regular guy without any other motives. I read a lot of posts on this forum, but this is the first time I joined and posted something. I'll continue to enjoy this site!

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
N8 you are funny. I've been reading your posts the last couple of months or so. I tried hunting down HU directors cut direct from Germany, on a hilarious series of posts you directed at another member.

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello, everyone
Just took pipe smoking up again after a very long break. When last I smoked, I was a teen and Middleton's Cherry from the local pharmacy was all I really knew existed as far as pipe tobacco went. Recently I picked the hobby back up and thanks to the internet, I have just realized all I have been missing out on. I've taken a bit of a 'shotgun' approach to finding the blends I like. That is, I have already purchased a few dozen tins in only a few months(Guitar collection just got too large and I needed something else to collect haha). English blends were love at first smoke. I am also starting to build a palate for VAPers. Frog Morton( both On The Town and Cellar), Peter Stokkebye- Peaches and Cream, Esoterica- Dunbar, Black House, and a few Dunhill blends are among the tobaccos I am currently most fond of.
Looking forward to meeting some new people, having some laughs, and learning more about pipe smoking.
Cheers,

Justin

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
New member. I first tried a pipe years ago in the service, probably a Dr. Grabow, and either Capt. Black or Borkum Riff. Didn't come with instructions, and I didn't stick with it long.
A little over 25 years ago I discovered premium cigars, and have been a regular cigar smoker since. About 20 years ago I decided to try the pipe thing again, and bought some Peterson's, a nice meerschaum, and a few inexpensive Italian briars to have a little collection to rotate through. That lasted several years, then I left the pipes in a rack for over 10 years, maybe only smoking them several times.
Several months ago I took some out of the rack and dusted them off. I figured either give them away, or start smoking them again. So I fired em up and added a few more to my collection. Figured it would help me cut down cigar habit...

johno85

Lurker
May 8, 2017
Hello there! Greetings from the UK!! I got into pipe smoking last September 2016 & I love it! My grandfather used to smoke one many years ago & I guess I'm carrying on his legacy! Thank you very much for your time & I hope to make some new friends on here!

greider

Lurker
Mar 8, 2017
Knoxville
Hello! Lurked a while and thought I'd speak up. I was a regular contributor to the alt smokers pipes group about 10-12 years back. My collection consists of about 20 briars, 3 meerschaums, and about 150 tins of tobacco. I love VA's, with our without perique or burley. Favorites are Marlin Flake, Esoterica Tilbury, Haddo's, Christmas Cheer.
I'm retired now and have a little more time to reflect and enjoy. Warm wishes to you all!

cerfer

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2017
Longtime cigar smoker, but just bought a couple of pipes (Nording and Vauen--I'll buy a Sav 320 some day; they don't seem to stay in stock). I like pretty much everything except for aromatics: Frog Morton Cellar, Nightcap, Dark Star, Sixpence, Quiet Nights, Night Train, Gaslight, Blairgowrie, etc. I traded a lot of cigars for pipe tobacco recently, so there's lots to try. I seem to always be ten minutes too late for Penzance or Stonehaven, but I'm sure I'll find a tin or bag soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.