PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Yeah guys, please remember to contact the next person on the list prior to sending. That's how we got into trouble the last couple times. Romeowood should have phone numbers this time so prodding by phone may work.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I'm not worrying about it just yet. He just got it a few days ago. Though, romeowood did ask people that one should post in this thread just before it's your turn...

I still wouldn't worry about our box dissapearing.
I am starting to worry a bit, box was delivered 4 days ago and haven't heard a word yet. Maybe its just me but I know everyone here will know my excitement when the box gets here which I hope is soon as I am next.

Hoping everything is OK with our friend cajundad.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, my eligibility begins in March!

What do I need to do to get myself in the ready position?
r-DENMARK-TERROR-large570.jpg

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
@bigmike I hope you followed the rules, getting a flashback. Some good people spent a lot of money to bring that box up fast. Not tying to be a jerk, but many of us missed out on a great collection of tobacco, pipes and art and this same thing just happened not to long ago. *sigh*
Craig

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Relax guys, I received a verification via private message cajundad received it and stated he will be forwarding it on in the next couple of days.
If you look back on about page 9 of this forum, you will see I bypassed him on the last round as he did not respond to my pm's until I had sent it to spartan. I did not want to skip him again.
Hope everyone in the affected areas make out well in the current winter storm.
BigMike

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Relax guys, I received a verification via private message cajundad received it and stated he will be forwarding it on in the next couple of days.
If you look back on about page 9 of this forum, you will see I bypassed him on the last round as he did not respond to my pm's until I had sent it to spartan. I did not want to skip him again.
Hope everyone in the affected areas make out well in the current winter storm.
BigMike

Posted 6 days ago #
Still trying to relax but it certainly would be nice to get verification that the box was received from cajundad and the status of it. He supposedly received it nearly a week ago. :?:

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Seriously What is going on, not a word on the box for over a week! Am I the only one frustrated with this, kinda taking the fun out when you have to start worrying about people not holding up their end of the deal. I have heard absolutely nothing if the box is en-route to me or not. And have gotten no reply from pm's. WTF!!

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
@bigmike, the disappointment I have is that some people can not follow rules, you my friend did your part. It is just frustrating that not all do.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Speaking of, I think it would be real nice of romeowood to list off in one post all the current rules for those of us who are new to this list (as well as a reminder to those who have waiting awhile)
Please note "rule" #7, which I intended to mean that if you want to be part of this box pass, you should read this ENTIRE thread from the first page to the last so that you understand the joys, the fears, the comedies and the tragedies that ensue. Just reading the last page of a thread is walking in at the end of a conversation, really.
In light of this, I'd like to restate and add to the BOX PASS COMMANDMENTS:

Here are the basics: This Box Pass is a box that has a large variety of tobaccos for you to sample. It is sponsored by the members, not PipesMagazine. If you want to be included, you must meet the requirements below:

1. Thou MUST be a member for a minimum of 4 months.

2. Thine post count MUST be at least 100 posts.

3. Thou MUST HAVE the financial resources to spend $20-25.00 on shipping the box to the next person. Thou will ALWAYS get a tracking number.

4. Thou MUST live in the U.S.A.

5. Thou MUST give your: name, screen name, address, email address, and phone number to RomeoWood (he will keep your phone number and not put it on the list).

6. THOU SHALT NOT keep the box longer than 2 weeks.

7. THOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORUM THREAD AND POST YOUR INTENTION TO RECEIVE THE BOX, POST WHEN YOU GET IT AND POST WHEN YOU MAIL IT.

Do not sign up if you do not have a stable address, will be moving soon, are going to school out of state, are liable to be abducted by aliens, etc. You need to be an active, established member on here to show that you will be sticking around, and are trustworthy. The other three boxes that were "lost", were the result of not having the above attributes. Favorite this thread, stay active on it, and make sure you're posting when your turn comes around to avoid being dropped. I suggest that once you're in possession of the box, posting on the thread so that the next in line can respond; if they don't respond in time, move on to the next person that does.
This is the list:
Cajundad - current

05Venturer

Yazamitaz

Mp31guitar

Tamer291

Dhizzy

Pylorns

Mrjerke

Mrenglish

Quincy

Kcpoe

Mrgunnar177

peteguy
No-one will be added until the status of the box has been ascertained. If you wish to be added, please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE MESSAGING ME. Seriously.

I have contacted cajundad directly, and will update this thread tomorrow.
Carry on.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
@ romeowood THANK YOU
This really should not even have been necessary, everyone here SHOULD be able to follow simple directions JMO

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The box was shipped Tuesday evening. Keep an eye on the mailbox, 05.

And yes, you're right West, sorry--you are on the mailing list though, so no worries:
Cajundad - sent

05Venturer

westc73

Yazamitaz

Mp31guitar

Tamer291

Dhizzy

Pylorns

Mrjerke

Mrenglish

Quincy

Kcpoe

Mrgunnar177

peteguy

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Also, if you are sending me PMs requesting to be added you need to re-read the rules again. I haven't been in charge for over a year now.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
The box was shipped Tuesday evening. Keep an eye on the mailbox, 05.

And yes, you're right West, sorry--you are on the mailing list though, so no worries:
Will do!! Thanx romeowood
@westc73 I will shoot you a pm after I receive it and am ready to pass it along.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Westc73 and I have been in contact via PM's so I am anxiously waiting the box myself. I will reach out to Mp31guitar today to get all of his pertinent info to make sure this thing keeps moving at a good clip.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.