PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Box arrived today, totally awesome. Will take me a couple days to go through everything. Pic's to follow, needless to say I'm blown away. Sorry guys the pipe is now a dedicated Haddo's Delight. No worries will be adding one to take it's place, it will make you happy ;) This is going to be one hell of a puffing week! A big thanks to all the members before who made this a great experience.
Craig

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Wow. Guess I'm next, huh? Guess I should get some baggies ready and start thinking about which blends I'm going to put in.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
dragonslayer (Craig) and I have been exchanging PM's behind the scenes and I'm to expect the box near the end of the week. My weekend is stupid busy so I won't get to post pics until Monday at the earliest (assuming the USPS gets it to me before then). I will say I'm looking forward to this box. The last year when I got it there was stuff that was in it from the previous year's pass in it. And it was crazy heavy. It wasn't cheap to ship, so I'd like to stress that you make every effort to keep it in the large USPS Priority box size. As a side note, if you create the shipping label online, it's cheaper than going to the Post Office by a few cents.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
dragonslayer (Craig) and I have been exchanging PM's behind the scenes and I'm to expect the box near the end of the week. My weekend is stupid busy so I won't get to post pics until Monday at the earliest (assuming the USPS gets it to me before then). I will say I'm looking forward to this box. The last year when I got it there was stuff that was in it from the previous year's pass in it. And it was crazy heavy. It wasn't cheap to ship, so I'd like to stress that you make every effort to keep it in the large USPS Priority box size. As a side note, if you create the shipping label online, it's cheaper than going to the Post Office by a few cents.
-Jason

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Getting closer every week.
Looking forward to receipt of box with great anticipation..................

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well it’s time to send the goodies on. What a great time we had together. Was taping up the box today and the roll ran out, I hate those little red dispensers, you can’t tell how much is on them. So off to the store, it’s ready to ship tomorrow. Here is what I added.

Five each of SG-Full Virginia Flake and SG-Saint James Flake, 6” planks, 1 year old. Around an ounce plus/minus of H&H Virginia Spice, H&H Louisiana Red, McClelland 2015, Pease Haddo’s Delight, Pease Jack Knife (it’s from June and green so would suggest jarring for a while), Sutliff Bosphorus Cruise, C&D Bayou Morning. An Estate Seville Executive (Italy) Oom Paul which needs some inside work, outside is ok I just don’t like the way it hangs and the grain is not fantastic. It was part of an Ebay lot buy. Had a big vitamin “N” going on the first day which kept me up well into the next day, I decided to turn three fun collectable/usable tampers - Canary, Zebrawood and Lace woods. They are two sided for short and long bowl pipes. Have CA glass finish except the ends which are sanded to 20K and buffed to be safe. :puffpipe:
I enjoyed a bowl from over a dozen Latakia/English/Aromatic blends putting a few corncobs to use. I grabbed a few samples out of the large selection lols. Some Grousmoor, Mac Barren Rolled Cake, St. James Woods, Romeowood’s Own Blend (good job), slice off the Peterson’s 3P, 1” cut of the Black Irish rope (never smoked a robe), 2 1/2 year AK (of course). There were little mixing blends of Perique so took a pinch of that and a Basma Leaf to play with this winter. The pipe of course, Haddo’s Delight was calling out for a designated pipe.

Here's what the box looks like now. If someone along the line wants to take 20 pics of all the blends good luck ;)

Can't wait for the next one to start, and proper communication in the future will be the key. Now it's time for Secret Santa!
Craig
EDIT: If you're adding a house blend, it would be a good idea to write what type of blend it is...

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
West what's hard on the house/club blends that aren't apparent by the name is a problem when you're smoking so many blends. Opening a bag and giving it a look and smell falls away fast after a dozen bowls. If you mark something VaPer, Latakia, English or small description that helps. You are going to be faced with dozens of bags and have no idea what half of them are. You start looking things up, sorting them out. A week is a short time to really explore it, and as it fills more, man that will be a trip.
I opened it up and spread them out and said holy f---in sh-t! Grab the pipe, loaded it with it's first bowl of Haddo's Delight (designated) and started to separate them into groups. Those known, heard of, looked interesting etc. Then there was a bunch with house names, or nothing to go on. Then sub-groups and smoking bowls. A good example is "Romeowood's Own Blend VaPer" and marked a "little strong". The stuff is great and smoking it right now. So you puff away looking them up, firing up another bowl of something and keep doing it everyday. Tons of fun and I learned so much. Sad to see it go, but kind of relieved ;) Now I can go through some vitamin "N" withdraws and kick back and :puffpipe: some fine leaf.
Craig

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've received the box (on Saturday) but I've been busy with real life this weekend, so tonight I'm going to explore and photograph the box contents. Thanks to all who have participated thus far! There's a ton of stuff in the box to try and it's thanks to you!
-Jason

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Oh man I'm psyched to get this box. Only a few away
I've got an estate wilkie pipe I'm going to put in the box if anyone is interested. :)

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Were we able to recover the "lost box" as well?
If not, that is really a shame as it was loaded with great stuff but thanks to the awesome members of this forum, and the box pass members, it appears the replacement has already reached excellent status.
Thanks to All Involved !!!!!!!!!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Jason
I am going to be out of town for the next 2 weeks so I am going to skip my turn on the box. I enjoyed the last go around so I will have those fond memories to keep me going!!! If I am reading the list correctly you should be sending to Fitzy next.
Thanks guys and enjoy!!!!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I reached out to jason tonight, he's likely just swamped with the holiday workload (as am I). Keep calm and carry on, as the saying goes.
I'll be posting up the newly revised list soon, so stay tuned--same bat-time, same bat-channel. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.