PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
You can take me off the list for round 2. I haven't been smoking much lately and have settled on some blend that I like when I do.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Baron: Just got a text from Chris pointing out the box should be on its way to me :clap:
I was thinking it would have been June or so before it got back to me, so this thing has been moving fast ! I'll be on the lookout. And I'll make it a worthy pass !
For those that were wondering whether I was/am still alive and around. Yes I am....barely ;-)
Since having to change jobs last November, life has just been hectic. Both professionally and in our private lives we have had great and not always pleasant upheaval. We're ok, we're surviving and with the support and care of many good friends, we've been blessed.
In the mean time, don't worry, have a bowl and a homebrew.
Cheers

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I got the box today from baron, I'll be busy all this week but will get into it this weekend, and out sometime next week

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Just an FYI, I am no longer on the box pass list. I've gotten the box twice now so I'm going to let someone else have my spot.
I will also not be coordinating the pass from here on out. Whoever decides to take over the box just send me a pm and I will email the most current list to you.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The list has been secured. Gentlemen, commence the passing. Any questions can be sent to me via PM, and I'll make a point to check in with frequency.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Here's the latest update:
Currently with: crpntr1 (TX)
Next to: (STATE)
Bailey331 (OK)

Fnord (KS)

bigboi (WA)

captainsousie (WY)

gecko13 (IA)

mthanded (IA)

Judcole (MI)

uberamerica (MI)

TAB812 (IN)

philobeddoe (IN)

gwynclan (OH)

dhizzy (OH)

hawk60ce (OH)

samcoffeeman (PA)

dragonslayer (PA)

lordnoble (NY)

rickpal14 (NY)

fitzy (NY)

chops (NY)

romeowood (NY)

taerin (MD)

pipeinhand (VA)

zunismoke (NC)

bigmike (FL)

cajundad (LA)
05Venturer (WI)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
rickpal14 where are you located in NY maybe we could just hand it off and maybe enjoy a pipe together?
Also Chops I know you're down a bit south of me near WP. When it eventually gets around to us do you want me to just drive it down to you and we can smoke a pipe together?

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Also, as you can see, that's a year-long list if everyone sticks to the two week hold. I highly encourage you all to do your best to hold it for as short a time as possible. I know it's exciting to have a ginormous box with umpteen million baggies in it, but it's more useful when it gets to more people faster. To that end, I recommend that after the initial shock of opening it wears off, you look at everything before you figure out what you want to smoke, then take out either samples or the whole bag (up to an ounce if you really want to get to know something, a few grams for a taste) and put them in your own baggies at home to try at your leisure, and then add your contribution (baggies ONLY, no tins please) and get that box on its way to the next in line. Last time it came to me it was really way too much, to be honest--it took me two days to parse the contents. We're trying to keep it in the largest size flat-rate USPS box there is; don't be shy about taking tobacco to keep it reasonably packed. Also, as a gentle reminder, please make sure you get the tracking information when mailing it.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Just for some newer members to the list, an average bowl is about 3 grams. I like to get 2-3 bowls out of a sample to decide if it's anything that interests me. If it is, I purchase a tin, otherwise, I write my impressions in my log and move on...
-Jason

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I just finished my 2 bowl sample of Balkan Sasieni this morning and holy shit I love this stuff.
And it's $7 for 50g. I'm all aboard. Thanks again for letting me be a part of the box pass! It's given me a chance to discover some real gems. I've also taken the liberty of taking my name off the list, as I've have it twice, to give more members the opportunity to join in.
Enjoy!
And take pictures if it's your first time. There's some good ones in the beginning of the thread.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
What's your log look like lordnoble? I'd like to start one myself.
I just note the name of the creator, the blend name, and the tin description. Then I make notes as I smoke a bowl, dating the entry. I will do this two or more times for a new blend. At some point, after I have smoked a good amount of the tin, I rate it on a 1-10 scale. Anything less than 7.5 is not likely to get a revisit.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Starting my own log on Excel. Can't wait to get a hold of this box. Thanks Romeo for taking the lead on this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.