PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
To everyone that has received the box, I have a question.
Has being able to try a multitude of different blends changed your preference at all, in other words did you enjoy a blend you didn't think you would like? Have you purchased a tin of anything that you initially sampled in the box pass that you would not ordinarily smoke?

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Excellent question, Sallow.
The box is tilted heavily towards aromatics and I prefer English blends. But, I was able to try a few of the latter I'd never smoked before and my next tobacco buy will be from Sterling. His "Millionaire's Blend" is especially tasty.
Fnord

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm with Fnord. Last time I had it, the mix was heavy on aros, high lat blends, or high nic blends. I did discover McCranie Highland out of there, though, and acquired 8 ounces of that.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I currently have it. Let me tell you, I have tried a bowl of Two-Brother's English Chocolate and that was a nice little surprise. I have also tried a bowl of McClelland's Christmas Cheer and I found that to be a nice VA blend

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Neat!
I have never heard of Sterling tobacco. I might have to place an order. I also have never ordered from McCrainies but I have been to their website before.
I have smoked a tin of the Two Brothers English Chocolate. I liked the topping fine but I think I prefer the Gawaith and Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate Flake.
Thanks for the info guys.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
It is a bit "mind boggling" when you first open the box.........but well worth the shock.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Sent the box off today to Captainsousie. Tracking number is 9534 6105 8585 3206 5871 56. Package says it should be delivered by 7/31.

I added some PS LBF, FMOTT, and some Early Morning Pipe.
Bigboi

Aug 1, 2012
It's here. From the look of it, I'll have to take a day to sort the thing and then prioritize. Pics to come.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Sure thing. Please note: I may alter the order of the last 5 names slightly to accommodate faster transit times (if you'll notice, Baron had arranged the list in more-or-less geographical proximity). Then again, I may not.
Captainsousie (current)

Gecko13

Mthanded

Judcole

Uberamerica

Tab812

Philobeddoe

Gwynclan

Dhizzy

Hawk60ce

Samcoffeeman

Dragonslayer