PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I get off work in 4 hours and then I will be home to see if I can catch it lol.
The UPS guy usually gets here around 5 though.
So close!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Hey guys, you may have noticed that I haven't been around much lately. One reason is I'm working on my writing and since I publish and market all my own work, It takes a lot of my time. Another reason is I am a mod on another forum now, so I've been spending some time over there.
Looks like Spartan will be sending me the box soon and with that I am going to give up my position as coordinator. If anyone would like to volunteer to take it over, let me know. I still will be on the list and contribute to the box, so I'll be able to help you if you get stuck.
There really isn't much work to it, just keeping the list current (I use a Word file and Dropbox) and sending/answering PMs and emails, particularly if the box gets stuck or disappears.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not on the box pass yet but will be when I move at the end o the month. Thanks for all your hardwork on the pass Baron. It's good to hear from you an I wish you the best of luck with your new book! Hope to see you back in action when things settle down a bit.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
It's all taped up and going out today to Baron. I will post the tracking info when I get home today.
I kept it longer than I intended to due to life's shitty plans getting in the way and for that I apologize; no excuse.
But I did add some tasty treats.
McClelland's MC5100 (about 1 year of age on it)

Hearth & Home Marquee Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo (I love this stuff as a treat every once in a while)

Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake

McClelland Club Blend Scottish Woods

McClelland Club Blend Caramel Rush
Everything I added was not previously in the box when it came to me.
I didn't add any Black House because I figured the Baron will add a healthy dose. :)
On a side note... Please don't add blends that you think are utter shit. This is a chance to share great tobaccos with great people. I personally would only add blends that I like to the Box Pass. Otherwise you've kind of missed the point of it all.
Thanks again for all who contributed to this. It's always great fun. :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Someone has to keep us lazy pipe smokers in check!
Tracking number - 9505 5102 8669 3141 5981 68
Expected delivery 5-23-13

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
On a side note... Please don't add blends that you think are utter shit. This is a chance to share great tobaccos with great people. I personally would only add blends that I like to the Box Pass. Otherwise you've kind of missed the point of it all.

I would like to point out that while I might not like Strauss' of Kennebunkport's Fox and Hound (made up B&M blend, so don't go looking for it), someone else might think it's the bee's knees. Obviously, if you LOVE Mixture 79, you might not want to throw it into the box as almost no one will partake in it. But I'd be a fool to think that what I think is great, everyone else is going to love it too. Penzance anyone? My point (and Spartan's) is, don't worry about putting something in if you think it's great or a decent blend, but don't just throw the stuff you don't care for in there either. Give it away, throw it out, or put it in a jar with other blends and see if it can be salvaged. /soapbox
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010

I would like to point out that while I might not like Strauss' of Kennebunkport's Fox and Hound (made up B&M blend, so don't go looking for it), someone else might think it's the bee's knees. Obviously, if you LOVE Mixture 79, you might not want to throw it into the box as almost no one will partake in it. But I'd be a fool to think that what I think is great, everyone else is going to love it too. Penzance anyone? My point (and Spartan's) is, don't worry about putting something in if you think it's great or a decent blend, but don't just throw the stuff you don't care for in there either. Give it away, throw it out, or put it in a jar with other blends and see if it can be salvaged. /soapbox
-Jason

Aug 1, 2012
On a side note... Please don't add blends that you think are utter shit.
I agree to a point but along those lines a lot of puffers love Sutliff Molto Dolce but I personally find the stuff to be directly from heck. Despite that, when it gets to me I'll be putting in the rest of the tin.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
All the more reason I put some Penzance in the box for Spartan or someone else down the line..........

Status
Not open for further replies.