PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
It's cool to see that the notes written on the inside of the lid of the original box were cut out and preserved. Well done !
:clap:

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I sat and stared at it for nearly an hour, trying to divine its whence and wherefore, before it hit me--the boxpass!

I'll attempt to pop a few pics with this mobile device....

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I need to get on this list. Everything good in the mail I've ever gotten was in a JW Pepper box!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I tried to fix the images, but instagram is a Flash-using bitch. No image address to copy, so our system doesn't know what to do with the address. I made them into clickable links.
Everything good in the mail I've ever gotten was in a JW Pepper box!

No idea what JW Pepper does... (I'm guessing books, but I could be wrong.) Just found a box at work that wasn't beat to hell.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Ah! We have a decent selection of scores for the students to use. Apparently, we received more recently.
-Jason

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Thanks for the assist, Jason. Serves me right for trying to join this "Digital Revolution"-- I can't even figure out how to see my pics. Stupid tricorder.

My first pinch was some London Burley Blend--a favorite that I just happen to be out of. Reminds me why it's a favorite. Then a little of Jason Gone's 'Fountain Square' contribution, from Strauss Tobacco in Cincinnati--great stuff.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I have a question, should I insure this package and for how much (for when I get it)?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I didn't insure it, but I got Delivery Confirmation. As for the amount.... God only knows. There is a ton of tobacco in there plus those pipes. $100, easy. This is just a guess-timate and in no way am I implying that you HAVE to pay for insurance.
-Jason

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Delivered to Virginny! If you think about it, a large percentage of the tobacco in this box has traveled around the world, been manhandled by countless people, only to arrive re-apportioned in a bunch of plastic bags to the place of its origin. Brings a little tear to the eye, in a spawning salmon sort of way.... :crazy:

rjscha

Lurker
Feb 16, 2013
I've been lurking on the forums for several weeks now--reading everyday, but haven't posted. When I came across this thread I had to comment. Thanks to everyone who makes this forum great. I've learned a lot and enjoyed the conversation. It takes a special group of people to pull something like this off. I'm privileged to be a part.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I just noticed, taerin is in MD. If it's in VA, it must've gone to pipeinhand! If it missed taerin, I'll just get pipeinhand to shoot it back to him when he's done.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Lol, I indeed do not live in VA, I had reciently recieved a bunch of samples and discovered top favorites in all catagories, I decided I no longer needed the pass and told romeowood to skip me. The next guy down the list has it in VA some where, I live in MD. Sorry about your trobles with the box pass, VA is like 3 hours from here, if we need to I can burn all the houses down over there and see which one smells like pipe tobacco. taerin was my original username, since then I have gone by the nickname (realname) Eric. If you pm me though it still says taerin, it's very confusing :)

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Like you've done better, don't make me start squaking about your crumy 33% delivery service :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.