PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Just got a text from my wife who said that the box is at home. She said it's heavy. Since it's her birthday today, I won't have any time to check out the contents, but tomorrow I should be able to toss up a few pics...
-Jason

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I saw this yesterday and have to say.. This is an AWESOME idea! I look forward to adding my name..I like to keep a record of "Tried baccy" it gives me ideas when I go to buy of things I liked and things I don't.. :D

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
So here is the contents of the box.
FsTLel.jpg

It is HEAVY!. It smells heavenly as well. I'm going to remove the blends from the tins and place them in bags (appropriately labeled, of course) to cut down on weight. I'm also going to see if I can compress this into a slightly smaller box. It should be out of my hands this week.
-Jason

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Truly amazing, I’m looking forward to the swamp limits, and then this pops up. Amazing ideal and can’t wait to join the list. This forum is something I check every day now, not just the learning but the quality of people. In my old corporate world and now especially the “WTF were you thinking retiring young, now what the hell are you going to do.” I know – watch movies and bitch about them until the wife says “then get off your ass and write one.” In the business of screenwriting, nobody, I mean nobody does anything for others, they lie and theft is common place. Switching from cigars to pipes and finding this forum is something I look forward to.

Craig

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Come to Papa, if you need someone to reduce the size of the box, I will be happy to :) Envelope pass here we come!

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
The box has made it safely to me. I haven't had a chance to open it yet (late and then early work hours) but I hope to rummage through it and then have it out on the weekend!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Well, guys, the box pass is alive and well and is exempted from the no-trade policy. Everything is as it was and I'll be posting the latest list soon.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Here is the most current list. There have been a couple of additions and I had to correct and address error since the last update. I'll have romeowood change the list out when he gets it.
chops (current holder)

romeowood

taerin

pipeinhand

zunismoke

photoman13

bigmike

cajundad

Spartan

baronsamedi

mluyckx

crpntr1(Chris)

Bailey331

jameral

gecko13

mthanded

Judcole

uberamerica

Irishsmoker

TAB812

philobeddoe

gwynclan

dhizzy

hawk60ce

samcoffeeman

rickpal14

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Ok folks...here's my contribution to the box pass:
Got the box on Monday or Tuesday. A fresh new compact box thanks to LordNoble:

box-600x450.jpg

Opening it, I was treated to the aromas of more tobacco brands than I have ever heard of or seen before. This box has more variety than some B&M’s.

I spread them out of the table and it filled the surface from edge to edge. (This is a 5’x5’ table) Sorry for the poor quality. I stood up on a chair and kept the camera over my head to try to get everything in frame- hence the blurriness. I still couldn’t get everything into frame, as you can see:

table-600x450.jpg

There’s everything in there; books, pipes, cleaners, tampers and yes, tobaccos of all kinds. My head was spinning a little as I scratched my head and tried to figure out where to start first.

tobacco1-600x450.jpg

These books are pretty cool. They are written from a time gone past when pipe smoking was a common ritual. There was actually some really good info of the breakdown of a tobacco plant and what parts are used, how they are cured, etc.:

books-600x450.jpg

tobacco2-450x600.jpg

(Tried to give some perspective here with the chairs and plant)
This box pass project is such a great idea. Thanks Baron, Romeo, Lordnoble and all who have started and continue this idea. It is a great way to introduce more variety into pipe smoker’s lives and convinces me that a group of people who have never met can still be generous and trustworthy with each other.

tobacco3-600x450.jpg

tobacco4-600x450.jpg

I added some tobacco from my collection that I didn’t see already included. Plus I threw in some fresh MM corncob pipes for those who haven’t tried them or if some wants an unghosted pipe to try out some of these tobaccos:

contributions-600x450.jpg

This was my first box pass experience and I am very pleased to be a part of it. It was worth the six-month wait! The box is sent off today to Romeowood, after 5 days in my possession. Thanks everyone!
thanks-450x600.jpg

-Chops

Status
Not open for further replies.