PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@cosmicfolklore , wisdom Words, Thank you for sharing Sir,
What I am trying to keep in my mind , slow down, do not pack overly tight, do not attempt to smoke to that hypotetical white ash , and finally do not try to dismantle your pipe while it is not cooled down enough, no force needed, Pipe smoking is not suppose to be rocket science ,that for sure

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I do this for my daughters also, but I've told them all that I get one speech.

I haven't done the "speech" yet but my kid has known since she was 10 (she 20 now) that I have a knife in my desk that has one purpose and when you ask her what its called, she'll tell you "The Circumciser." I've also threatened to kill and dress one of the neighbors chickens on the front porch whenever she brings a boy over. I haven't had to cross that bridge yet. Muhahahahaha

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
"Just pack it and smoke it"

You can probably learn about a hundred different packing methods on here and on youtube. When I first started smoking 5 years ago I looked into all of these and tried to follow the methods. I got all screwed up. I learned to just pack the damn thing and smoke it. Sometimes putting too much thought into this stuff ruins the experience and your intuition.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I haven't done the "speech" yet but my kid has known since she was 10 (she 20 now) that I have a knife in my desk that has one purpose and when you ask her what its called, she'll tell you "The Circumciser." I've also threatened to kill and dress one of the neighbors chickens on the front porch whenever she brings a boy over. I haven't had to cross that bridge yet. Muhahahahaha
View attachment 15612

I've scared away potential grandchildren fathers just by doing yard work.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
What are some great words of wisdom you've picked up from the pipe world?
This is an observation on one of the unique benefits of pipes, particularly if you’re a type A personality, but it may work for types B to Z also.
If something, or someone, is driving you bat sh*t crazy, load a pipe, find a quiet place and “smoke it over”.
Often, after a bowl and some reflection, capital crimes seem less prudent.

Status
Not open for further replies.