PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I'm just waiting for the time that consciousness can be transferred through technology, if it hasn't happened already. I don't think I would trust it and would want to leave it up to the natural order and process of the Universe.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
If they're ready to show this, it's likely to have existed for years which raises the question, "How advanced is it now"?
Recently watched a show (UFOs) about recovered UFOs and reversed engineering of extraterrestrial technology implemented into today's inventions. If you believe in such a thing. And it was stated that we are 500 years ahead in our technology than what is currently being released or observed by the public👽Screenshot_20230305-185112~2.png

Last edited:

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
We only get shown what we need and nothing more, drip fed until conspiracy becomes reality and then it's time to roll out the next instalment. My father always said "believe nothing you hear and half of what you see", well this statement doesn't even hold water now.

As for our current addiction to phones and how its manifesting, I'd say that a phone will be the delivery device if our consciousness is tapped/harvested.

Reactions: Kobold and Zero

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
If they're ready to show this, it's likely to have existed for years which raises the question, "How advanced is it now"?
Like anything else, development is iterative. MoCap has been around commercially for about 30 years. I was working with it in the early and mid '90's. Development would have preceded this by a few years. Back then there were competing technologies, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, and the first one that wasn't truly cumbersome was the Acclaim system, which I used on a couple of films. We used it to animate digital characters, adding a much more nuanced and realistic feeling to the animation. It still required a lot of human intervention to give a believable result.

What was lacking then was realistic rendering. Lighting packages were pretty basic and I would have to make a lot of adjustments to get something that looked like natural lighting.

Jump forward about 10 years and various tools for building and scanning models, or people, improved as processor speeds needed to handle the data also improved. But the problems with sub surface scattering and ray tracing were still quite high, and the result of that was the infamous "uncanny valley" where people still looked waxen and eyes looked lifeless.

But that gap was effectively breached by 2008 with the film Benjamin Button. That proprietary software may have been lost when the studio that created it closed up, but I can't imagine that the development staff didn't pirate the code, or their portions of it, and continue to develop it at succeeding studios.

The eventual development of AI (really a misnaming since it's NOT intelligent) apps being integrated into existing rendering engines has sped up the process a great deal.

So to answer your question, there's a good 30 to 35 calendar years of development, and hundreds, possibly thousands of human years of development.

Deep fakes that are still have been around for 7-8 years. Deep fakes that can move? A few years.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Forget real-world honey traps, Epstein Island can now exist anywhere, at any time, and involve anyone.

But wait! There's more!

The "acts that were captured on camera" are literally unlimited.

This will not end well.

Reactions: Kobold and jpmcwjr

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
“When the Jews return to Zion and a comet rips the sky, and the Holy Roman Empire rises; then you and I must die. From the ethernet sea AI rises, creating armies on either shore, turning man against his brother, 'til man exists no more.”

-Father Brennan (The Omen, 1976)

Interesting and frightening times of technological advancement. As @jpmcwjr points out, the potential for both good, and bad, is exponential.

We're all susceptible to be set for spectatorship within this 'Ethernetical Colosseum'. I just don't quite see what good, will come out of all of this.

Reactions: canucklehead