PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
I have read some prior postings about vanilla and most are shut down for no further comments, or several blends are no longer available.

I thought I would start a new 2022 thread asking about what is the best vanilla out there today? For me I am seeking that vanilla bean ice cream flavor as strong as I can get, not mild hints, but some slap me and call me nilla, vanilla.

I’ve tried most of the vanillas. What I was looking for was a subtle vanilla that was sort of sweet Virginia taste, but with a light nutty burley and Stokkebye’s Sweet Virginia filled that niche for me. If you want a stronger flavoring, then this one might not be what you’re looking for. I think I bonded with whatever burley they used for it.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
For something a bit more on the subtle side (allows for the tobacco to come through as well), I recommend the Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. I also feel the same about MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake, but it's a more robust tobacco overall.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like vanilla but haven't found an optimal blend. I want vanilla that harmonizes with and emphasizes a good tobacco. C'est La Vie is good, but very mild on both tobacco and flavoring. Can anyone comment on MacBaren?

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Two more nods to Mac Baren Vanilla Cream (loose and flake) as well as Vanilla Roll Cake

Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish is a vanilla bomb, harder to find these days

Boswell's Paradise is a really great one

and in my own opinion (pitchforks ready, everyone) ...Smoker's Pride Vanilla Cavendish and/or their Black Cavendish can really scratch this itch for me...

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Two more nods to Mac Baren Vanilla Cream (loose and flake) as well as Vanilla Roll Cake

Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish is a vanilla bomb, harder to find these days

Boswell's Paradise is a really great one

and in my own opinion (pitchforks ready, everyone) ...Smoker's Pride Vanilla Cavendish and/or their Black Cavendish can really scratch this itch for me...
No pitchfork on hand here. I'll just glue 5 reamers to the end of a broomstick and hope it's just as intimidating. :LOL:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I’ve tried most of the vanillas. What I was looking for was a subtle vanilla that was sort of sweet Virginia taste, but with a light nutty burley and Stokkebye’s Sweet Virginia filled that niche for me. If you want a stronger flavoring, then this one might not be what you’re looking for. I think I bonded with whatever burley they used for it.
Are you talking about the Peter Stokkebye Virginia (No.701)? I looked up Stokkebye Sweet Virginia and found that and Sutliff 707 Sweet Virginia.

Reactions: Old_Newby and BROBS

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Looks like these 3 are the winners so far…. But keep voting..

MB Vanilla Roll Cake
MB Vanilla Cream Flake
Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew

Honorable Mentions:

Stokkebye’s Vanilla
Petersons Deluxe
Boswells Paradise
Lanes Vanilla
Smokers Pride Vanilla

but for a slap me in the face I heard Vanilla Pie from Schwab’s Pipes N’ Stuff in Lexington, KY

For me I will put the MB’s, Honeydew, and Vanilla Pie on my samples list.

E1B56D9E-5ED2-4AC8-9B92-88A52574E16D.jpgC0506CC6-E516-4652-A3AD-8D9CCFE4509A.png

5A98688F-0603-45D7-973A-6208C69B790E.png

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Add my vote to MB Vanilla roll cake. To my taste its got much more of a natural vanilla favor than 1Q (which I didn't like much), and after about 1/2 the bowl it burns down into a mild tobacco flavor. I've got a tin of MB Vanilla cream, but I haven't cracked it open yet.

Reactions: Old_Newby and BROBS