PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
1Q does not fucking taste like vanilla.

I agree but it does indicate it’s vanilla on description. So does Lane RLP-6. I think all of them and Captain Blacks all have claim vanilla. But I don’t taste vanilla itself.

Reactions: BROBS
Are you talking about the Peter Stokkebye Virginia (No.701)? I looked up Stokkebye Sweet Virginia and found that and Sutliff 707 Sweet Virginia.
Nope, I don’t do Sutliff stuff. They have an underlying proprietary flavor that I don’t like. Look for Peter Stokkebye PS6 Sweet Vanilla, but the “PS6” part is completely unnecessary, as you can just search “Sweet Vanilla” usually…. must have been where you were looking.

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Folks per tobacco reviews the best non English vanilla still in production is Sutliff Dark Decadence Z93. The second review stated “reminds me of grandma's homemade vanilla ice cream.”

Needless to say for $2.40 an ounce I am getting some. If anyone likes it let us know.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Folks per tobacco reviews the best non English vanilla still in production is Sutliff Dark Decadence Z93. The second review stated “reminds me of grandma's homemade vanilla ice cream.”

Needless to say for $2.40 an ounce I am getting some. If anyone likes it let us know.
If it’s a sutliff aro I can bet you’ll be disappointed

• Haha
Reactions: AroEnglish

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
my favorite was actually the Saint Patricks day blend from C&D I got for buying a Peterson. That also had some hazelnut and was more boozy in a way. Great stuff though wish I could buy it regularly. After that I cycle through and don't have a favorite. I feel like it's just a match made in heaven tobacco and vanilla. And I don't smoke it as much now because I find any vanilla pipe tobacco seems to be the king of getting pretty ladies to talk to you. Seriously. When I was single I smoked a lot of vanilla and met a good number of young to not too young woman.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

reviews are completely useless until you find a couple that really communicate to you. It's funny I don't read reviews but there are a few people who if they say I like or even don't like this blend and here is why I can make a very solid bet on how I'll feel about that blend. Oh he hates it cause it's too blank, that sounds perfect. But over all aggregated reviews will help about as much as using a twenty sided die will for making picks.

Reactions: BROBS
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
For more of an aromatic, I prefer Arrowhead from Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint. You can order over the phone and it is more than just vanilla.

Seconds to Lane 1-Q, third to Sutliff 1-M.

For more tobacco forward flavor, I enjoy Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake.

I really enjoy the vanilla flavor in the morning with a cup of coffee. The mixture helps me get my head on straight to attack the day.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I am seeking that vanilla bean ice cream flavor as strong as I can get, not mild hints, but some slap me and call me nilla, vanilla.
The best strong vanilla I know is Stokkebye PS 201 Black Cavendish
Tobacco Reviews | Peter Stokkebye - Black Cavendish (No.201)

That's a rare dessert tobacco for me, whereas Mac Baren Vanilla Cream is a standard and favorite, but probably too subtle for what you're looking for now (maybe later!)

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW

I agree but it does indicate it’s vanilla on description. So does Lane RLP-6. I think all of them and Captain Blacks all have claim vanilla. But I don’t taste vanilla itself.
I agree also. 1-Q is carmel and RLP-6 is molasses.

@Old_Newby The vanilla Capt Black is the Gold, available in bulk as Lane MV-1000. Nice vanilla flavor but WAY too sweet. I sometimes mix 1 part of that with 2 parts straight Virginia for a puttering blend.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I agree also. 1-Q is carmel and RLP-6 is molasses.

@Old_Newby The vanilla Capt Black is the Gold, available in bulk as Lane MV-1000. Nice vanilla flavor but WAY too sweet. I sometimes mix 1 part of that with 2 parts straight Virginia for a puttering blend.
Nope they both taste like a wet attic

• Haha
This, and with how many people claim that PS LTF is a vanilla, proves most people can't taste worth a crap.
People have posted 1Q as their favorite vanilla since long before I joined this forum. Blows my mind.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
This, and with how many people claim that PS LTF is a vanilla, proves most people can't taste worth a crap.
People have posted 1Q as their favorite vanilla since long before I joined this forum. Blows my mind.
Some people really have zero tasting ability

not saying I’m that great but I can tell what has vanilla and what doesn’t. What’s a VaPer and what’s a VaBur. Shit I’ve seen people list VaBur as their favorite VaPer.