PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
I like Stanwell Vanilla, but it is a little "chemically" if you know what I mean. As far as pure vanilla, I've had a good experience with MacBaren's Vanilla Roll Cake. I would like to try their Vanilla Cream.
I agree, and I have your same Savinelli Pipe!

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
Planta Danish Black Vanilla is the only vanilla aromatic I've had that tastes like it smells. First rate stuff.

Sutliff's D40 Vanilla has a unique aroma and taste, spicy and sweet. Great on its own, or with maybe just a pinch of shag cut like Five Brothers or Penny Farthing to brass it up.

Reactions: Old_Newby
Feb 3, 2022
Hawaii
MB Vanilla Roll Cake. The tin note is fantastic and the taste is mainly tobacco, but I can still taste the vanilla bean. Probably too strong for my money. Time will tell if it will calm down enough to be complimentary. I can't see myself ever buying more than the 1lb I already have. Actually, I can't see myself buying anymore vanilla tobacco, besides maybe a tin of Dan Tobacco Honeydew Vanilla if I need to round up to free shipping...

For what it's worth, Bob's Chocolate probably has my preferred amount of vanilla in a blend.

Old_Newby

Jan 1, 2022
Texas
MB Vanilla Roll Cake. The tin note is fantastic and the taste is mainly tobacco, but I can still taste the vanilla bean. Probably too strong for my money. Time will tell if it will calm down enough to be complimentary. I can't see myself ever buying more than the 1lb I already have. Actually, I can't see myself buying anymore vanilla tobacco, besides maybe a tin of Dan Tobacco Honeydew Vanilla if I need to round up to free shipping...

For what it's worth, Bob's Chocolate probably has my preferred amount of vanilla in a blend.
Thanks.. I was gifted a sample of Mac Baren Vanilla Flake that I will try soon. I do want to try roll cake but that appears a high cost item right now. The Bobs Honeydew has came up a lot and I have seen it on several Top 5 lists on YouTube.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
I hear Bengal Slices tastes like vanilla, you should try that one.

Vanilla Roll Cake gets another vote.

1-Q is not vanilla…I’m not even sure it has a distinguishable flavor. Nasty?

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I too like the Mac Baren offerings.

Vanilla Cream Flake is the stronger of the two, both the underlying tobacco and the intensity of the vanilla topping. The vanilla flavorings in each are considerably different. VCF is spicier and applied a little heavier, as I mentioned. In Vanilla Roll Cake, the vanilla is softer and I think a little sweeter, but applied a little more lightly.

In both VCF and VRC, the underlying tobaccos are not hidden at all, and are very good. I think VCF without the topping would be a fantastic VaBur.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
One of my favorites is CAO Bella Vanilla--very affordable, very consistent, very definitely sweet vanilla, and not on the goopy side of things--though it will linger in your pipe.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
I've tried almost all vanilla's since I started on the pipe 18 months ago or so and I always come back to Sutliff Panna Cotta. It burns cool and taste as good as it smells, even straight out of the tin (I had no idea you were supposed to dry tobacco out until reading forums here).

Reactions: Old_Newby