PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Back in the early days of December, I placed a small order with Esterval’s in Germany. I’ve bought from them many times over the years, and the experience has always been first-rate. A very easy to use website, an immense inventory of blends we’ll never see here, great pricing and responsive customer service.

The fly in the ointment will always be shipping. Once the package leaves their hands, all bets are off. In the past, I haven’t had any serious delays or problems with customs, but others have, and I’m sure they’ll chime in. I know that Jesse had a package returned to Esterval’s by the USPS. Ouch.

Well, this box went missing almost immediately, and stayed missing for over two months. After a month and a half, I contacted Esterval’s. They apologized for the delay, but explained that due to the pandemic, the package had to be shipped by sea mail. My box was on a f’n boat, somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

54B294DD-746F-4BDC-9C1B-98D4FB5CA202.png

Well, today was my lucky day. After hitting terra firma in Jersey City, the box wuickly made its way to me. I placed this order for my Hanukkah present, and it arrived the day before my birthday.

A8B20449-1049-4E33-8170-B8696022209F.jpeg

8A4AB377-34B2-4858-81F1-34B25B94E923.jpeg

And a nice little something extra that managed to squeak through:

06726E46-1273-4205-B490-CB1824DDDAB9.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Back in the early days of December, I placed a small order with Esterval’s in Germany. I’ve bought from them many times over the years, and the experience has always been first-rate. A very easy to use website, an immense inventory of blends we’ll never see here, great pricing and responsive customer service.

The fly in the ointment will always be shipping. Once the package leaves their hands, all bets are off. In the past, I haven’t had any serious delays or problems with customs, but others have, and I’m sure they’ll chime in. I know that Jesse had a package returned to Esterval’s by the USPS. Ouch.

Well, this box went missing almost immediately, and stayed missing for over two months. After a month and a half, I contacted Esterval’s. They apologized for the delay, but explained that due to the pandemic, the package had to be shipped by sea mail. My box was on a f’n boat, somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

View attachment 66602

Well, today was my lucky day. After hitting terra firma in Jersey City, the box wuickly made its way to me. I placed this order for my Hanukkah present, and it arrived the day before my birthday.

View attachment 66606

View attachment 66607

And a nice little something extra that managed to squeak through:

View attachment 66608
so you're point is don't order from estervals at the last minute. Almost out of smokes I've never tried this one I'll order from Estervals, opps. Nice order.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Very nice! I'd been wondering if Esterval's would ship cigars to the US. I guess that answers my question.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.