PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Those pics gave me a good giggle, and a bit of nostalgia. Look at those eyes! You can see the gears turning. She already knows who owns who!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Great looking feline Nate.

Love the way she's looking at the camera so intensely. :puffy:

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Savannahs are neat cats. The parents of my sixteen month old goddaughter have one, an older male named Tsuki. When they brought Summer home, Tsuki started guarding her. He'd stay closely to her, always paying attention to what was going on around her, watching while she slept, the works. He still does it, although from a safer distance, because she's mobile and grabby now.
Never seen a cat do anything like that before. I like Tsuki.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very impressive looking animal. I'd be scared to death to own a cat that big. It could skin you alive just for fun. You can never entirely trust a feline.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cats, dogs, horses, cattle and almost any non-human creature, you have to learn enough of their perspective to not directly oppose them, or know what you're doing if you do. Kindly dogs can get snappish if they are threatened or in pain. You have to learn your creature, as a species and as an individual. An active respect of companion animals is required. Movingly, to me, when this respect is extended, it will be returned in many ways. Some people cultivate this to a high degree. A vet tech with tattoos and piercings could clip the claws of my cat (usually requiring two or three people) just seated in the animal hospital waiting area. She (the vet tech) was a horse person and headed to vet school. Apparently she had body language, body chemistry, and a whole vocabulary of moves that spoke directly to non-human creatures. I told her that it was a gift, and she said, "I know." Boy, did she. My awe hasn't worn off, though my fine old cat is long gone.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Look in those eyes. It really puts you in touch with other life on this planet.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks guys!! She arrived late last night. I set her up in her room and left her to rest after her long day. I woke up this morning and just cracked the door and saw this. Such a sad squeak!! She's beautiful and totally fearless. No fear. My other cat however is PISSED.
HERE

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Here she is this morning. After a full day of Tivo hissing and sulking, she's SLOWLY coming around. Today she's not reacting to the new kittens scent with violence. That's a big improvement.

I've had cats my entire life. Obviously every cat is an individual with their own quirks and idiosyncratices, but this cat, without doubt, has characteristics I've only scene on National Geographic.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I had never heard of the breed before you posted this. Cool looking cat. Sounds like you're all getting settled in together.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I hear ya Cos, I'm done at two. She is really fearless. I'll try to bring her to next meeting for a field trip. She'd love the attention. She is such a cute kitten and lots o fun! I feel AWFUL confining her to one room, but have to for now.

Thanks Mack!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Gorgeous. What presence. Does she have a loud purr? Some big cats don't, for some reason. Much vocalization? Lots of cat toys are in order, to play her out. No mice at your place this winter, or none you'll see. Smack-smack.

Status
Not open for further replies.