SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hello to all,
I don't know if it is the right section, otherwise I beg the moderators to correct.
As written in my presentation, sometimes I build something, Having a moment of my own and detaching myself from everything else to make myself pipes, make a gift of it to a dear friend, it makes me feel good.
I use a manual drill and a hobby guide support, then all with rasps and sandpaper.
This is my latest, dress finish, acrylic stem, silver band.

View attachment 112451
View attachment 112452
View attachment 112453
View attachment 112454
Happy December everyone!
Well done! Gorgeous.

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Absolutely a beauty!

How many coats for the finish? And shellac with hi gloss spray paint, or something more artistic?
Thank you, very kind, cheers.
After I have finished roughing with sandpaper 600 reaching this stage,
IMG_20211108_154237.jpg
I gave the first coat of anilline (I use brushes and pipecleaner), then I treated with sandpaper 800 and put another coat, last sanding with sandpaper 1000.
Given the last coat and treated with a felt disc and very fine abrasive paste, and when the result was satisfactory, I treated with a cotton disc and carnauba wax.
No spray, and no shellac.
In the photos it looks totally black, in reality it is in a dark walnut tone that reveals the grain of the underlying briar.
Sorry my bad English...

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Spot on! Wonderful, you're a master. I wish I had your talent.
Is the bowl coated ?
Thanks again, all very generous. Inside the bowl I gave only a veil of powdered black anilline (in a very mild percentage) with food alcohol, the same used for homemade liqueurs. No charcoal paste or the like. All dark with light inside was an eyesore ?

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Beautiful pipe
You have a special talent
I hope you’ll post photos of other pipes you make in the future
Really thanks to everyone. So far I have made about twenty, some kept (horrible ?!) and others given to friends. As often happens, those who approach this passion and realize something, the first few times take inspiration and copy from real masters or from models of established houses; It is also my case. Then you are equipped, refine the workmanship and create your own style, these are the real masters. I am very, very far from all this, but I keep some pictures of the previous attempts, if it is the case I could continue here in this thread.
I hope not to scare anyone LoL

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Hello everyone, I haven't been around here for a while due to stupid work problems and family commitments.
Nonetheless, in my (little) free time I have always continued to enjoy making pipes for myself and my friends.
I see someone liked this thread lately, so I'll put something new in there. This is one of the last, a tribute to Bing Crosby, to which I wanted to give a "false sandblasting" finish with Dremel following the grain of the wood.
The mouthpiece is made of ebonite obtained from a rod, the measurements are L. 184 mm (7.24 i.), H. 48mm (1.88 i.), bowl depth 41mm (1,61i.) flared rim excluded, inner d. 20mm (0.78 i.), outside d. 37mm (1,45i.), weight 40gr (1,41oz).
.. And as always sorry for my bad English 😉
IMG20240229215615.jpg
IMG20240229215800.jpg
IMG20240229215723.jpg
IMG20240229215850.jpg

Last edited:

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Hello everyone, I haven't been around here for a while due to stupid work problems and family commitments.
Nonetheless, in my (little) free time I have always continued to enjoy making pipes for myself and my friends.
I see someone liked this thread lately, so I'll put something new in there. This is one of the last, a tribute to Bing Crosby, to which I wanted to give a "false sandblasting" finish with Dremel following the grain of the wood.
The mouthpiece is made of ebonite obtained from a bar, the measurements are L. 184 mm (7.24 i.), H. 48mm (1.88 i.), bowl depth 41mm (1,61i.) flared rim excluded, inner d. 20mm (0.78 i.), outside d. 37mm (1,45i.), weight 40gr (1,41oz).
.. And as always sorry for my bad English 😉
View attachment 297636
View attachment 297638
View attachment 297641
View attachment 297639
I love this pipe- fantastic job!