PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Hello to all,
I don't know if it is the right section, otherwise I beg the moderators to correct.
As written in my presentation, sometimes I build something, Having a moment of my own and detaching myself from everything else to make myself pipes, make a gift of it to a dear friend, it makes me feel good.
I use a manual drill and a hobby guide support, then all with rasps and sandpaper.
This is my latest, dress finish, acrylic stem, silver band.

Agro_CE21_1.jpg
Agro_CE21_3.jpg
Agro_CE21_4.jpg
Agro_CE21_8.jpg
Happy December everyone!

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Excellent craftsmanship- very handsome pipe. Did this begin as a “you carve” pipe kit or do you buy your own briar and other components separately?
How much time did it take you?
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It looks like you've made a few pipes in your time. That's a snappy looking briar.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
That shiny piano black is the only time I’ve appreciated a black stained pipe. Wow! Sharp. Wish I had an event to go to where that pipe could pair with formal attire and shoes similarly shined.

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Excellent craftsmanship- very handsome pipe. Did this begin as a “you carve” pipe kit or do you buy your own briar and other components separately?
How much time did it take you?
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it .
I often buy briar in Italy, but in my modest stock I have plateaus of Greek and Algerian origin.
I have never taken the pre-drilled kits, not even for the first pipe made, because it is a bit like working in reverse;
The shape is constrained by the angle of the drilling lines,
instead of - shape suggested by the grain direction of the briar, and find the drilling angle later.
For the stems I use a bit of everything, acrylic bars, vulcanite bars, pre-formed acrylic stems, to which I apply a Teflon tenon, the latter must always be reshaped, tapered, and made the button comfortable.
I'm a slug, I don't have much time for this, so I can't tell you how long it takes ...
With my limited tools, I think that in a continuous day the pipe is finished raw or it just takes a few hours, it would still take a couple of hours to finish.
Fortunately it's not a job, the more time I spend, the more fun I get from it ;)

I thank everyone, too kind and generous ?