My first estate purchase - Stanwell Brass Band 95 (Design Sixten Ivarsson)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
ebay.com frightens me. Not because it's in any way malicious, but because of the way I can drop through the rabbit hole and- like Alice - become fascinated with creations I've never heard of or thought of before. I started my latest adventure browsing for a tidy, small, Italian estate pipe that would catch my eye and prove too expensive in the auction. What I bought was a Danish beauty with an XXL bowl that would be 'pleasant to hold in the hand' and promises 2 hours enjoyment. Who knew?
I don't own any large pipes. Correction - I didn't own any large pipes. But now I'm flushed with success, pride, and more than a little trepidation. I give you my latest love and first ever estate pipe: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanwell-Brass-Band-95-Design-Sixten-Ivarsson-Beautiful-Danish-briar-pipe-/371013743300?nma=true&si=jrquAa1VgYdbAXnCD0omasD4rL0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Be gentle with me.
Andy

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Beautiful pipe, it should smoke like a dream. I have a Danish Stanwell from a different Sixten Ivarsson series that has quickly become my favorite. Congrats!

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Good looking pick up Andy. Stanwell makes a quality pipe, especially the danish made.
I have to admit I'm quite addicted to ebay myself. Tobacco, pipes, you name it. I love to bid. A couple of my favorite smokers I picked up on the bay. Also got some nice vintage tobacco too before it seemed like quite a few more folks caught on.

tankbuster183

Lurker
Feb 27, 2014
Deptford NJ
I would say 75% of my pipes are estate pipes on ebay, my rationale being if I end up not likeing it, at least it wasn't full price. I love getting a deal, sometimes more than the pipe. Hate losing auctions at the last minute though!

Status
Not open for further replies.