My first estate purchase - Stanwell Brass Band 95 (Design Sixten Ivarsson)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
ebay.com frightens me. Not because it's in any way malicious, but because of the way I can drop through the rabbit hole and- like Alice - become fascinated with creations I've never heard of or thought of before. I started my latest adventure browsing for a tidy, small, Italian estate pipe that would catch my eye and prove too expensive in the auction. What I bought was a Danish beauty with an XXL bowl that would be 'pleasant to hold in the hand' and promises 2 hours enjoyment. Who knew?
I don't own any large pipes. Correction - I didn't own any large pipes. But now I'm flushed with success, pride, and more than a little trepidation. I give you my latest love and first ever estate pipe: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanwell-Brass-Band-95-Design-Sixten-Ivarsson-Beautiful-Danish-briar-pipe-/371013743300?nma=true&si=jrquAa1VgYdbAXnCD0omasD4rL0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Be gentle with me.
Andy

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Beautiful pipe, it should smoke like a dream. I have a Danish Stanwell from a different Sixten Ivarsson series that has quickly become my favorite. Congrats!

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Good looking pick up Andy. Stanwell makes a quality pipe, especially the danish made.
I have to admit I'm quite addicted to ebay myself. Tobacco, pipes, you name it. I love to bid. A couple of my favorite smokers I picked up on the bay. Also got some nice vintage tobacco too before it seemed like quite a few more folks caught on.

tankbuster183

Lurker
Feb 27, 2014
Deptford NJ
I would say 75% of my pipes are estate pipes on ebay, my rationale being if I end up not likeing it, at least it wasn't full price. I love getting a deal, sometimes more than the pipe. Hate losing auctions at the last minute though!

Status
Not open for further replies.