PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grumpy11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Vero Beach Florida, Secretary, MD
After reading the reviews on Castello pipes I ordered a new rusticated billiard shap from a forum sponsor. I was thinking about an estate pipe but withe prices on quality estate pipes I decided on a new one. It’s an early Father’s Day gift from my wife and son. My birthday is in July. I f I like this first one I’ll look for another one.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I love my Castello pipes. Really hope you enjoy yours too, which I'm sure you will.
I've been searching for a Shape 34 for ages.
Since they don't stamp the shape numbers very often anymore you might have to just call a slightly bent wavey top dublin Great Line with an oval shank a 34. I was temped by one on eBay a couple of weeks ago but I passed. I don't smoke my shape 34's that much as I don't care for the V shape bowl.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Since they don't stamp the shape numbers very often anymore you might have to just call a slightly bent wavey top dublin Great Line with an oval shank a 34. I was temped by one on eBay a couple of weeks ago but I passed. I don't smoke my shape 34's that much as I don't care for the V shape bowl.
Dadgum! I have never seen any for sale anywhere. I even asked a guy in Italy, Luca who owns Tabacceria Corti to keep his eye open for me. Say's he's been looking for himself for over a year.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
daveinlax, do you have any photographs of your Castello 34s you'd care to share?

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Hey Grumpy11, that's very kind of you.
The Castello 34 can best be described as a slenderly bent Dublin, with an oval shank and a wavy top.
daveinlax PM'ed me some photos, if he doesn't mind my sharing them I'll post them.

daveinlax, would you mind if I post your Castello 34 photo's?

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I like all of my Castellos, though I do wish the buttons were a bit smaller.

Sometimes Italian Pipe shops have shapes that don't often show up elsewhere, and their prices are usually better as well. Here's a couple of links to try.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I like all of my Castellos, though I do wish the buttons were a bit smaller.

Sometimes Italian Pipe shops have shapes that don't often show up elsewhere, and their prices are usually better as well. Here's a couple of links to try.

You're right, catput. I appreciate it.
I'm always checking these guys out too. But unfortunately, there's never any 34's.

Reactions: ak2000

Grumpy11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
So, I've been smoking a pipe since 1970. I don't buy a new pipe every year. I may go two or three years without a buying one. But I got the Castello bug this week. I just ordered my second one since Sunday. I'll post photographs when they come. Can't wait.

Reactions: ak2000 and clynch

Grumpy11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Ok, the mailman brought my first new Castello today. What a beauty! Its basically a rusticated billiard. There is finely stamped nomenclature on the bottom. I got my son to take a photo on his iPhone and he emailed it to me. This is a day old MacBook and it may take me a while to manage the files, and then I'll post the pic. I'll be getting my second new Castello in about a week. Sometimes I go years without buying a pipe, then several.
I'll light this one up when I get the chance. I'm trying to decide what tobacco to stuff into it. probably a mild burley to start.
I think I'll dip a pipe cleaner in some coconut rum and run it through first.

Grumpy11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
After reading the reviews on Castello pipes I ordered a new rusticated billiard shap from a forum sponsor. I was thinking about an estate pipe but withe prices on quality estate pipes I decided on a new one. It’s an early Father’s Day gift from my wife and son. My birthday is in July. I f I like this first one I’ll look for another one.

Attachments

• F6B81F86-1009-4C79-8467-E80B0A0CC181.jpeg
    F6B81F86-1009-4C79-8467-E80B0A0CC181.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 34

Bayboaz45

Lurker
May 23, 2022
returnsandrefund.com
I smoked my new Castello on the patio this morning with a bowl of Sutliff Virginia slices. As far as the pipe, you get what you pay for. I'm very happy with it. Very light and balanced, and I like the acrylic stem.
Is it really worth buying?
I would like to know your point of view before I order. From where can I buy it?
Last time I bought one from the local store and was not satisfied so I tried to return it but the store refused to return it as it was used once. From where did you buy it? Can I get it from amazon because Amazon return policy is impressive

Grumpy11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
In my opinion, it is worth the $375 with shipping I paid. I bought it from pipes2smoke. Several years ago I would not have bought a pipe that cost that much. But I've had a couple good years with my investments, so after 50 years of hard work I'm treating my wife and myself with a few luxury goods. My adult children can enjoy themselves with what I leave them. So I moved to Florida, bought her a nice car, and I bought a Perazzi shotgun, and a couple Dunhills. I plan on buying two or three more Castello's as I find those that appeal to me. You will have to decide for yourself, but I'm happy with my purchase and have another one coming from the same source.
I would buy one from a supporter of this forum, not Amazon. I don't think they care about members.