PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kuchiki

Lurker
Nov 15, 2020
Its Sherlock Holmes. I am fond of watch different detective movies. Sometimes i can get glitch with some tv channels for online watch so used help of vpn ipad because mostly use ipad for watch different tv shows and youtube.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JOHN72

Pazzerpipe

Might Stick Around
Mar 26, 2022
Liverpool, UK
I'm a big fan of Basil Rathbone. I even have some CDs with him and Vincent Price reading Poe's works.
But this thread just isn't right without mentioning another favorite actor of mine with lots of pipe smoking scenes: Peter Cushing. He's done a lot of SH and Dracula/horror movies that are great. (The ones with Christopher Lee are the best.) Google Hammer Horror Productions.
Even though this is titled a "movie" thread, and since others have mentioned TV, one of my favorite comedies is a show from Scotland called "Still Game" which one of the main characters is a pipe smoker. You can find it on Netfilx.
The two main actors have a sketch comedy show called "Chewin' The Fat" which has some sketches about two guys working a lighthouse that usually has one or both of them with a pipe. The one always plays pranks on the other and the whole conversation is this:
1: Gonnae no do that.

2: How?

1: Just, gonnae no.
Absolutely hilarious!
Both classic comedy shows, hilarious but they've all been re edited now to cut out any sketch, word, phrase, ANYTHING that some people could find offensive. Even Fat's Karen Dunbar has said it's a ridiculous decision as soon you wont be allowed to laugh at anything! Well, the BBC have done it, not sure about rest of the world but then again we are becoming a police state in this country.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and edger

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
In The Ugly American Marlon Brando smokes a Zulu (i think) while testifying before a Congressional committee.
I don't remember if he smokes much later in the film.

Reactions: RobNYC and scloyd

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I've been watching British WWII era films for some reason this week, mostly all the naval pictures I can access - not sure why, just got off on that track.

Trevor Howard spends a lot of time with his pipe in Gift Horse.

FE6F775B-F4E0-4A17-BFE0-1531674635C4.jpeg

The non-naval film was Mrs. Miniver. Walter Pidgeon always seemed to enjoy his bowls.

39A4A446-EFA0-4246-A2BE-0D3283892C13_4_5005_c.jpeg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Who smokes a pipe in that one?
And,
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Actor Thomas Hill from the Never Ending Story
neverendingwarner.jpg

Pazzerpipe

Might Stick Around
Mar 26, 2022
Liverpool, UK
Who smokes a pipe in that one?
And,
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Is my location not showing? I've just checked my profile and it's there ok.