More $ on Tobacco, or Pipes & Accessories This Year?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Winslow Pipes
9 Fresh Castello Pipes
12 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
New Cigars
9 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Preferred Member
Sep 13, 2013
It's been near ten years since I stumbled upon a pipe I wanted. So, 100% on blends I guess. Oh! A few Bics over the years of course and some fluid for the Zippo.

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
Mark, you have enough tobacco time to start loading up on some real pipes. This beauty has your name all over it.
Harris, I can see why people would like that pipe but unless I knew I could turn around and sell it for a big profit, I wouldn't give $725 for that pipe much less over $7K.

Drucquers Banner

nitemair13

May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Sort of even I think, since I started this year I spent quite a bit on pipes but didn't really jump to expensive pipes until around September. I've been building a cellar more as I tried various blends to see what I liked. I hope now to focus more on tobacco but I think we all know that attraction of a new pipe can get to you sometimes.

bent1

Jan 9, 2015
WV
Given the demise of Mcclelland &pending legislation, I’ve given priority to filling the cellar.

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Given that so many blends are going to disappear in 2021 I tell people to buy their favorite endangered blends.
+1

On a side note... I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, and I've read much of it on this forum, but has anyone actually found a good way to determine which blends are endangered? I've been fooling around on Tobaccoreviews.com and I'm trying to sort by age, but I'm not having much luck...

clickklick

Preferred Member
May 5, 2014
I've spent tenfold on tobacco for the last few years.... and I still buy a lot of pipes... so..... no one tell my wife!

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Mark,

Harris, I can see why people would like that pipe but unless I knew I could turn around and sell it for a big profit, I wouldn't give $725 for that pipe much less over $7K.
I hear you. I am amazed at what some of these pipes are going for now, it is pretty crazy.

ashdigger

Preferred Member
Jul 30, 2016
In 2015, 2016 and 2017 I spent way more on tobacco.
But like I posted above 2018 is the year of the pipe.

davem

Oct 21, 2018
South Carolina
50/50... but I'm just coming back from a 20 plus year hiatus...
Somebody PLEASE tell me, what's happening to our tobacco in 2021? Do I have 3 years to stock up for life?!

hiplainsdrifter

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2012
In my experience it is smarter to spend money on tobacco, as quality sealed tins accrue in value. Most pipes do not. Definitely not accessories.

timt

Preferred Member
Jul 19, 2018
Definitely spending more on tobacco. I'm pretty sure I'm wrapping that up though - at least I hope I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drucquers Banner