More $ on Tobacco, or Pipes & Accessories This Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Tobacco here. Other than picking up a few 904s, I've mostly lost interest in buying pipes.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Mark, you have enough tobacco time to start loading up on some real pipes. This beauty has your name all over it.
Harris, I can see why people would like that pipe but unless I knew I could turn around and sell it for a big profit, I wouldn't give $725 for that pipe much less over $7K.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Sort of even I think, since I started this year I spent quite a bit on pipes but didn't really jump to expensive pipes until around September. I've been building a cellar more as I tried various blends to see what I liked. I hope now to focus more on tobacco but I think we all know that attraction of a new pipe can get to you sometimes.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Given the demise of Mcclelland &pending legislation, I’ve given priority to filling the cellar.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Given that so many blends are going to disappear in 2021 I tell people to buy their favorite endangered blends.
+1

On a side note... I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, and I've read much of it on this forum, but has anyone actually found a good way to determine which blends are endangered? I've been fooling around on Tobaccoreviews.com and I'm trying to sort by age, but I'm not having much luck...

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I've spent tenfold on tobacco for the last few years.... and I still buy a lot of pipes... so..... no one tell my wife!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mark,

Harris, I can see why people would like that pipe but unless I knew I could turn around and sell it for a big profit, I wouldn't give $725 for that pipe much less over $7K.
I hear you. I am amazed at what some of these pipes are going for now, it is pretty crazy.

davem

Might Stick Around
Oct 21, 2018
South Carolina
50/50... but I'm just coming back from a 20 plus year hiatus...
Somebody PLEASE tell me, what's happening to our tobacco in 2021? Do I have 3 years to stock up for life?!

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
In my experience it is smarter to spend money on tobacco, as quality sealed tins accrue in value. Most pipes do not. Definitely not accessories.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Definitely spending more on tobacco. I'm pretty sure I'm wrapping that up though - at least I hope I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.