PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
There seems to have been quite a few who took advantage of protests as a cover for committing criminal acts, some of it highly organized. It's important to make a distinction between those exercising their right to express legitimate concerns and criminals who take advantage of it as a cover for their misdeeds.
Agreed...hence the distinction mentioned between rioters & protesters in my comment.☕

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Why am I not surprised that pipe smokers are almost exclusively conservatives?

It's not like Leftists are against tobacco per se, many of them suck down cigarettes like water.
Somewhat a generalization, I believe as I find it difficult to discern the political leanings of our fellow pipe smokers. We have a rule as to not jump into that pool here. True, that some tap dance around it, but most of our folks here keep their own Counsel when it comes to which side of the aisle they lean.☕️?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Somewhat a generalization, I believe as I find it difficult to discern the political leanings of our fellow pipe smokers. We have a rule as to not jump into that pool here. True, that some tap dance around it, but most of our folks here keep their own Counsel when it comes to which side of the aisle they lean.☕?
Haha if anything I’d say it’s opposite of Sincerely’s observation. It’s just the conservatives that are loudmouths about it. ?

if someone keeps their mouth shut politically I’m not sure how you are guessing they are a conservative.

Also there are no real conservatives anymore so his observation is doubly wrong.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There seems to have been quite a few who took advantage of protests as a cover for committing criminal acts, some of it highly organized. It's important to make a distinction between those exercising their right to express legitimate concerns and criminals who take advantage of it as a cover for their misdeeds.

True...it is an important distinction indeed between the peaceful protesters and the random criminals using the protests as an excuse.

But then there is the "highly organized" aspect as you say of some (I would say most) of the criminality, which is the most concerning. And this represents a third faction in all of this...a faction that uses violence and destruction as a form of protest...or, more accurately, as a means of furthering a political/social agenda...terrorists in other words.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
But then there is the "highly organized" aspect as you say of some (I would say most) of the criminality, which is the most concerning. And this represents a third faction in all of this...a faction that uses violence and destruction as a form of protest...or, more accurately, as a means of furthering a political/social agenda...terrorists in other words.
There are undoubtedly some of those as well, but what HAS turned up are cases of well planned break-ins with no political overtones, and a weird one in LA where some goofballs in black face were caught smashing windows in the Fairfax district.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There are undoubtedly some of those as well, but what HAS turned up are cases of well planned break-ins with no political overtones, and a weird one in LA where some goofballs in black face were caught smashing windows in the Fairfax district.

Yes, there are agent provocateurs as well...a fourth element in all of this.

But we have a known, organized group: "antifa"...no mystery there.

And they are exactly what they claim to be against: fascists.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019

They're the far left version of fascists. Its interesting that most of the suppression of opposition,censorship of differing political opinions and outright chaos is coming from the left. Not to mention all the tobacco regulation bills mostly have a "D" attached to them. True liberals are becoming rare it seems which is rather unfortunate.

Last edited:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Antifa, nasty bunch, except that there's no documentation to point to their involvement to any great extent as they are apparently too poorly organized to mount such an effort. But they'll do as a popular boogy man.

Well, I'll just agree to disagree there, because IMO, they are rather well organized and well funded...but I won't descend any further down that rabbit hole here. (And I would just add, they aren't the only such group out there either).

Last edited:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yes, there are agent provocateurs as well...a fourth element in all of this.

But we have a known, organized group: "antifa"...no mystery there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OK CHARLIE KIRK

antifa is a madeup scapegoat for coattail conservatives.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Well, I'll just agree to disagree there, because IMO, they are rather well organized and well funded...but I won't descend any further down that rabbit hole here. (And I would just add, they aren't the only such group out there either).
HAHAHAHAHA AND MY PROOF WAS FROM A GUY WHO SAID SO

man, you could conspiracy any theory.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
They're the far left version of fascists. Its interesting that most of the suppression of opposition,censorship of differing political opinions and outright chaos is coming from the left. Not to mention all the tobacco regulation bills mostly have a "D" attached to them. True liberals are becoming rare it seems which is rather unfortunate.
The far anything is not about freedom. They're all about conformity to some made up ideology. But they all like to use the word "freedom" as a smoke screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.