PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Did anyone hear NPR evening news on Monday, June 1? There was an interview of the owner describing the damage, heart breaking. I didn’t catch the name though. Anyone hear the interview or know what store it was.?

Reactions: Bowie

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I did hear it. I want to say Anthony’s Pipe and Cigar? Not sure though, it was hours ago. A shame to be sure. Probably some jackass out there as we speak smoking coc dust sprinkled reefer in a Castello.

Somewhere down the line he’ll get kicked in the dick for no good reason at all.

Last edited:

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
That is sad indeed. In some cases, business insurance does not cover acts of terrorism. I hope these Governors grow a set and put an end to all this anarchy.
My wife worked in the insurance industry for a long time and she says riots are only covered if the business applies for a vandelism rider which isn't usually available in a large city for obvious reasons or costs so much no one can afford it or has such a large deductible that no one ever finds it worthwhile; then there is the issue of whether a riot is actually random vandalism or not so the insurance company would usually find a way out of paying it anyway. There is insurance to guard against downturns in the economy, but something like this or the Covid crap wouldn't even be covered under those policies.

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Rioting is bullshit! Protest is an American right...stand up for what you believe in. The moment it turns to mayhem and destruction...you’re no longer a protester standing for a cause...you’re now a dangerous asshole! I’m prejudice towards dangerous assholes. Sorry for the rant.☕?
Claim to be for the small guy, but look how many small businesses they destroy.

Kilgore Trout

Nov 5, 2019
“Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bowie

Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
According to this list, it was Lyndale Tobacco, which does not surprise me given its location.

Bowie, here on the forum, sent me some English Supreme from Lewis Pipe & Tobacco in downtown Minneapolis. I wonder how Lewis Pipe & Tobacco is doing?

Lewis Pipe & Tobacco isn't on the list. He is located downtown, and the looting and rioting we are seeing are outside of the downtown area. He also has an inside entrance and no frontage windows facing the street. I hope this continues to work to his advantage.

EDIT: The Star Tribune has a longer list that includes Anthony's Pipe & Cigar:

Last edited:

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Lyndale is more of a head shop. Anthony's is more of a cigar place, although it's a very nice cigar lounge. Lewis is donwtown, and that area was under significant protection so I don't think anything happened down there. Lewis is in a historic building, adjacent to Manny's Steakhouse.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My wife worked in the insurance industry for a long time and she says riots are only covered if the business applies for a vandelism rider which isn't usually available in a large city for obvious reasons or costs so much no one can afford it or has such a large deductible that no one ever finds it worthwhile; then there is the issue of whether a riot is actually random vandalism or not so the insurance company would usually find a way out of paying it anyway. There is insurance to guard against downturns in the economy, but something like this or the Covid crap wouldn't even be covered under those policies.

The coverage in your latter statement is for loss of use. There is what may be a historic lawsuit(s) brewing over COVID and loss of use. IC's say they're not covering, a very high profile Attorney John Houghtailing says they owe for it.

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
The coverage in your latter statement is for loss of use. There is what may be a historic lawsuit(s) brewing over COVID and loss of use. IC's say they're not covering, a very high profile Attorney John Houghtailing says they owe for it.
Thats right, that's the correct term for it. My wife knows all this stuff, I have no idea.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.