PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
Nice...my own take is that you don't need to go to either of the places downtown to get a great coney dog, there's a lot of other diners around. But then I haven't gone to either of the iconic downtown joints in decades, so this could be misinformation...

:col:

JoeW

Lurker
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Are there any good places for pipe tobacco in the Grand Rapids area? I'm coming down to Rockford this weekend for my dad's memorial service; if there are any good places to visit, I'll stop by (time permitting).

I've already visited Indian River Tobacco Traders in Newaygo a few times this past month. They have a few jars of bulk tobacco behind the counter, and the usual big bags of "pipe tobacco" for the cigarette rollers, but that's about all. I'll get an ounce or two of Haunted Bookshop there, but was wondering whether there are any places with larger selections. Thanks!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Are there any good places for pipe tobacco in the Grand Rapids area? I'm coming down to Rockford this weekend for my dad's memorial service; if there are any good places to visit, I'll stop by (time permitting).

I've already visited Indian River Tobacco Traders in Newaygo a few times this past month. They have a few jars of bulk tobacco behind the counter, and the usual big bags of "pipe tobacco" for the cigarette rollers, but that's about all. I'll get an ounce or two of Haunted Bookshop there, but was wondering whether there are any places with larger selections. Thanks!
That's the only one I’ve heard of near GR. Paul's in Flint might be the only pipe shop that has a robust selection.

JoeW

Lurker
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
I had time to visit Indian River TT in Newaygo on the way home after the funeral. It's a small place, but they do have about a dozen jars of bulk tobacco behind the register. I got some Haunted Bookshop, and one called "English Luxury", which may be the Peter Stokkebye blend. (They also have Lane 1-Q, some Sutliff blends (including "Hot Chocolate")). No tins. They also have some cleaners, filters, and a few cards of Missouri Meerschaums. I was very pleased to get The General for $13.99: I wanted a larger pipe for some longer smoking time.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I had time to visit Indian River TT in Newaygo on the way home after the funeral. It's a small place, but they do have about a dozen jars of bulk tobacco behind the register. I got some Haunted Bookshop, and one called "English Luxury", which may be the Peter Stokkebye blend. (They also have Lane 1-Q, some Sutliff blends (including "Hot Chocolate")). No tins. They also have some cleaners, filters, and a few cards of Missouri Meerschaums. I was very pleased to get The General for $13.99: I wanted a larger pipe for some longer smoking time.
They have a lot more at the Grand Rapids location

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Paging @BPatrick

Welcome to Pipes Magazine and our little Michigan thread.
Greetings all and thank you for the welcome. Newbie to this site and still getting used to navigating the site. I live in a one stop light town in Southwest Lower Michigan right off the big lake. Looking forward to getting to know you all better and one day make a meetup or pipe club event. Been smoking pipes for over 25 years, off and on.