AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just poppin’ in, born in Flint, lived there until I was 9 then moved to Southern CA. Dad couldn’t take the snow anymore back in 1979.

It was a life time ago and another world when I think nostalgically about my Midwest upbringing. However, I’m glad I got to grow up surfing over sledding!

I somehow still don’t like Ohio State for some reason😜

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Howdy. Lifelong resident (ancestors moved here in 1827), and proud MSU alum. #SpartanStrong
A number of years ago, there were several of us from Southeast Michigan who used to gather very informally in parks or at pipe shops. I recall trips to Paul's, Tobacco Rose (Is that right?) in AA, Hill & Hill in GPW, Belle Isle, and Elizabeth Park.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
While I do not live in Michigan, I was made a lifetime member of a Michigan pipe club. These guys are great if you ever get a chance to go to a meeting. They are doing great things for the pipe community. View attachment 206655
It might be fun to schedule a visit with them. A hybrid meetup between virtual and physical pipe clubs. Another fun activity may be scheduling virtual pipe club meetings at various B&Ms around the state.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Yep we went up to visit and get a hug. She suggested I could come up and go to Campbell’s and take her to dinner. Great shop Campbell’s, I always stop in and see Josh to buy something.
Back in the Ancient of Days, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and I was at MSU, I'd go into Campbell's and be mesmerized by the dozens of tins he had. I bought things based solely on the tin. Wish I had kept track of everything I had smoked. puffy

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I was in Campbell's about 1.5 years ago. In speaking with the small clerk (Josh, maybe - the small, soft spoken gentleman with glasses and a sweater), they are willing to ship in Michigan.

I'll post my "origin story" later, but here is the Campbell's basket pipe that got me started. It's still in use today and a great smoker.

20220925_080221.jpg

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Very cool idea. Born and raised Michigander. Ive lived in the North Eastern lower mitten all my life. Born in Alpena, moved to Oscoda when i was a kid, and now im getting ready to move again. Heading down state as i took a new job with Delta Airlines. Plus side is ill be closer to a few pipe shops now haha.