PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Another born and raised Michigander from Metro Detroit. Thankfully there are still a couple real pipe shops somewhat nearby: Maison Lamberts in Ann Arbor, Churchills in Birmingham (and another location... farmington hills perhaps), Paul's in Flint. Plus can sometimes get lucky like the local Wild Bill's that sells Ashtons blends or the occasional tub of Mixture 79.

It would be awesome to attend a real pipe (peep) show to check out the goods and perhaps leave with a rare treat one could not find at the corner shop.

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Hill & Hill might be your best bet. He doesn't carry tuna of anything, just his house bulk blends. Only tried a couple and the Virginia Puro is a good Virginia blend with a light vanilla topping. He also sells lots of estate pipes and locally made pipes called Azura. I have a couple Azura pipes now and they are very well crafted for the price of a standard Savinelli.

A little further out from Detroit is Smokies Fine Cigars that carry Rossi pipes and have a handful of Mac Baren blends.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Hill & Hill might be your best bet. He doesn't carry tuna of anything, just his house bulk blends. Only tried a couple and the Virginia Puro is a good Virginia blend with a light vanilla topping. He also sells lots of estate pipes and locally made pipes called Azura. I have a couple Azura pipes now and they are very well crafted for the price of a standard Savinelli.

A little further out from Detroit is Smokies Fine Cigars that carry Rossi pipes and have a handful of Mac Baren blends.
I hadn't heard about Azura Pipes until now. I’ve never been to Grosse Pointe but I’ll have to travel out there one of these days.

Edit: I see it’s on the PM Retailer Directory. Are there shops that aren't listed here?

Call Me Late

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2021
Windsor Ontario

Yeah it’s little ways out but I’ve tried Hill & Hill after finding it on the retail list. He definitely talks highly of his own blends lol. It’s unfortunate because if he was open to more than his own I’d order tins through him.

Call Me Late

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2021
Windsor Ontario
Reactions: Laurent

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Anyone here going? I’ve been wanting to attend an Arrowhead meeting but I have something regularly scheduled on the nights they meet.

Reactions: Laurent

markophonic

Lurker
Sep 9, 2023
Michigan
Hello, I joined the forum today and The Amish Tyrant invited me to check out the Michigan Pipe Club.

I'm in the Kalamazoo area. Retired from the Pharmaceutical I
Industry at the end of June and took up the Pipe in August.

I've been lurking for a while and have learned a lot in that time...I've already aquired a boatlod of pipes and tobaccos and discovering what I like.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Hello, I joined the forum today and The Amish Tyrant invited me to check out the Michigan Pipe Club.

I'm in the Kalamazoo area. Retired from the Pharmaceutical I
Industry at the end of June and took up the Pipe in August.

I've been lurking for a while and have learned a lot in that time...I've already aquired a boatlod of pipes and tobaccos and discovering what I like.
Welcome! Retirement sounds like the perfect time to pick up the pipe. Glad to have you here.