PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never heard of vasectomy causing ongoing discomfort requiring added support. That's a bummer.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Down here in the South I wear 'Empire Builders' which are very heavy canvas shorts popular in the Colonial Office of the British Government which when washed and starched mean that the legs move but not the shorts. I only wear underwear on formal occasions as it interferes with my methane releases and causes nob itch and sweaty ball sack issues even after two cold showers a day.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
It's a topic men don't generally discuss. We find out about advances in material sort of by accident. Being active getting acquainted with running and hiking shorts is how I got informed. Since Lawdog like those Columbia shorts, I just remembered I enjoyed those synthetic running short in the late 70's with a liner.

Of course Underarmor brand and similar type tights are popular as well. I am just not a cotton fan at all when sweat might occur. I wear Smart Wool and other wool as well. So, synthetic and wool I suppose is what works best for activiites.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Amazing how some folks just go all scatalogical on us.

Good thread, and thanks. Synthetics and I don't mix well, so it's Old Navy boxers for me, wash 'em a few times to soften, and they rock on --- for a year or two.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Underwear is basically a liner for your outerwear so you don’t have to refresh your pants everyday.

So those of you going commando in shorts are basically wearing only underwear without the daily refresh.

Don’t get me wrong, I love going commando at times, but it is certainly not as hygienic as wearing underwear.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
My first of these tight boxers using a synthetic material came without a fly. Those were weekend only. Those I got to see if I liked them. Cheap.

Then I discovered pouch type. The few times were interesting. Sort of a bra for the boys. Later I found more tradional side openings.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I too go commando most of the time. On special occasions I wear a single silk dress sock that is custom stitched to an elastic waste band. Around Christmas I transition to a stocking equipped with red and green lights and a small music box that plays "Jingle Bells" on demand. The latter is a favorite among my coworkers in the office.