PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@chasingembers is as usual absolutely correct. Coloring bowls have to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. It sort of turns your pipe into a calabash. The trick is the old silver coin/button or even a Philt Pad or the meerschaum made equivalent and then smoke the hell out of the pipe. You have all seen the many pictures of pipes that have been colored by me. All it takes is a certain commitment and away you go. I must say in closing that the older meerschaums seem to color better than the modern specimens for some reason.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@condorlover1 One last question for you - what do you think I should smoke in my clay pipes at re-enactments?
Finished my packet of Condor now; I've re-used the empty packet for storing a clay pipe as it's just the right size!
Man it went down well!
I think all that Condor smoke is accelerating climate change:)
I suppose my lungs will start clearing out all that pipe baccy now!

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
@condorlover1 One last question for you - what do you think I should smoke in my clay pipes at re-enactments?
Finished my packet of Condor now; I've re-used the empty packet for storing a clay pipe as it's just the right size!
Man it went down well!
I think all that Condor smoke is accelerating climate change:)
I suppose my lungs will start clearing out all that pipe baccy now!
I saw a one man play of Father Damien in '95, and he (the actor) actually smoked his pipe in the theatre, and it smelled of cherry cavendish which was a nice touch, but not perfect because there's no way Damien would have had that sort of tobacco.

But, while he may have slightly displeased me, if he had been smoking something more accurate like Semois, many more people would have been even more displeased.