PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Jpmcwjr,
I Googled Covid / Nicotine and the page filled up with sites. — I don’t pretend to understand what I’d read. I smoke burley scraps. But the hypothesis is plausible and the jury still out.
Of course. But the question was aimed at where those specific quotes came from.
BTW — I tested negative this morning. Wife feeling a bit better and Im happily puffin away with an elated toothy grin. We seem to be doing everything right.
Good to hear! Keep on truckin'!

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
There were a few reports in the British press about smokers being less susceptible, but they went away pretty quickly (unsurprisingly).

My Dad grew up on a tobacco farm in Cyprus. Whenever someone had the flu, they'd give them a home grown cigarette as a remedy. My Dad's first smoke was when he was 3 years old, and I've found most of the traditional family recipes (avgolemoni soup and Zivania, basically) work for most things, so please give Mrs Grangerous some lemon soup, some booze, a pipe and my best wishes.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
There were a few reports in the British press about smokers being less susceptible, but they went away pretty quickly (unsurprisingly).

My Dad grew up on a tobacco farm in Cyprus. Whenever someone had the flu, they'd give them a home grown cigarette as a remedy. My Dad's first smoke was when he was 3 years old, and I've found most of the traditional family recipes (avgolemoni soup and Zivania, basically) work for most things, so please give Mrs Grangerous some lemon soup, some booze, a pipe and my best wishes.
never had Zivania but love avgolemona soup.
maybe a diet of Avgolemona and tsipouro will work as well

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Wife has Covid and I’m caring for her. As of yet, I’m healthy — It’s been 3 days.

I’m fully vaccinated, all three Pfizer. So aside from extra Zinc and Vitamin C — I’m keeping nicotine levels steady.

I’ve read the studies. I do not care that they are inconclusive. I have nothing to lose. —If nicotine can in fact prevent severe symptoms when I contract Covid — which is very likely, then I’ve got to be proactive. The nicotine studies appear plausible.

View attachment 115759

As such, I’m enjoying my pipe throughout the day. Medicinal Purposes Only ?

I’ve opened my tin of Briar Fox, I quite like it and the crumble cake format is great!

Crooner has my newfound appreciation. I’m in the “like it”category! Really like this blend! Great burley base and the natural herb sweetness.

I’m now pulling all stops and focusing on the medium to heavy Nic blends.

Old Joe and I are spending some quality time together, as well as Big n Burley and Pegasus and Haunted Bookshop and Burley Flake #2 and digging further into my stores, I have some 5 Brothers and I some Picayune that I obtained without a prescription!

Do you want to know what I’ve learned from all of this?

I’ve learned that GRANGER is absolutely OMG freakin delicious. ☝️?
Pray your wife feels better quick and you stay well!

mparker762

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2021
Houston, TX
I’m fully vaccinated, all three Pfizer. So aside from extra Zinc and Vitamin C — I’m keeping nicotine levels steady.
Anecdote being the singular of data, I had covid in july and on the evening of the 4th day I was feeling awful and loaded up my peterson house pipe and spent the next three hours on the porch thoroughly enjoying my medicine. woke up the next morning and I felt fine. went and got re-tested and it came back negative. Unfortunately I don't remember whether it was capstan blue or mcconnell's original oriental. so you may have to smoke both to be sure.

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
I have an elderly and presumably senile relative who was hospitalized with covid early on. After a few days in the hospital he escaped and made his way home. They found him in his backyard smoking cigars, so they took him back to the hospital. The next morning he woke up covid-free and was subsequently discharged.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Is there a handy source for the quoted material?

--

In addition to it's, we can have hi's, her's and their's!!!

Help stamp out repetition, gratuitous apostrophe's, and NEEDLESS, redundant, and UNNECESSARY CAPITALIZATION, **along with** superfluous *EMPHASIS*. And tautological statements which waste space and can be repetitive or even wordy in and of themselves.

These are *THE* internet *SCOURGES'*, along with exclamation point's!!!

See here.

"Compared with never smokers, current smokers appear to be at reduced risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection..."