PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Wife has Covid and I’m caring for her. As of yet, I’m healthy — It’s been 3 days.

I’m fully vaccinated, all three Pfizer. So aside from extra Zinc and Vitamin C — I’m keeping nicotine levels steady.

I’ve read the studies. I do not care that they are inconclusive. I have nothing to lose. —If nicotine can in fact prevent severe symptoms when I contract Covid — which is very likely, then I’ve got to be proactive. The nicotine studies appear plausible.

932960E9-FBE8-450F-8328-B5EFE4835CC7.png

As such, I’m enjoying my pipe throughout the day. Medicinal Purposes Only ?

I’ve opened my tin of Briar Fox, I quite like it and the crumble cake format is great!

Crooner has my newfound appreciation. I’m in the “like it”category! Really like this blend! Great burley base and the natural herb sweetness.

I’m now pulling all stops and focusing on the medium to heavy Nic blends.

Old Joe and I are spending some quality time together, as well as Big n Burley and Pegasus and Haunted Bookshop and Burley Flake #2 and digging further into my stores, I have some 5 Brothers and I some Picayune that I obtained without a prescription!

Do you want to know what I’ve learned from all of this?

I’ve learned that GRANGER is absolutely OMG freakin delicious. ☝️?

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
The wife and I had COVID last year at Christmas time. What a joyous way to spend the holidays. I wish you and your wife the best and hope that she has a mild case and it will be over soon so she can enjoy the holidays. COVID wouldn't dare effect a Granger smoker. It just isn't natural or proper. God bless.

Last edited:

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I hope your wife appreciates all the hard work you are doing to keep healthy so you can care for her

Hahaha! It’s like Christmas ? for me! Just me, the dog and a “proper fog”

Kidding aside, our Christmas plans have changed. Parties cancelled. Family not coming. I wish everyone well with this pandemic.

Wife is a medical professional. She’s eating and drinking and doing what she knows to do. Has cough, body aches and fever. I’m doing my part.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

799C68BA-8D22-47F5-B78B-2923E87266F7.jpeg

Well? Back to work!

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
I make sure to retrohale a lot so that the smoke gets into my nasal cavity and kills the virus. I read that nicotine attaches to something called ACE2 receptors. The virus also attaches to those receptors, so if you fill the receptors with nicotine the virus has nowhere to attach to. The virus is then prevented from replicating and dies out.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wife has Covid and I’m caring for her. As of yet, I’m healthy — It’s been 3 days.

I’m fully vaccinated, all three Pfizer. So aside from extra Zinc and Vitamin C — I’m keeping nicotine levels steady.

I’ve read the studies. I do not care that they are inconclusive. I have nothing to lose. —If nicotine can in fact prevent severe symptoms when I contract Covid — which is very likely, then I’ve got to be proactive. The nicotine studies appear plausible.

View attachment 115759

As such, I’m enjoying my pipe throughout the day. Medicinal Purposes Only ?

I’ve opened my tin of Briar Fox, I quite like it and the crumble cake format is great!

Crooner has my newfound appreciation. I’m in the “like it”category! Really like this blend! Great burley base and the natural herb sweetness.

I’m now pulling all stops and focusing on the medium to heavy Nic blends.

Old Joe and I are spending some quality time together, as well as Big n Burley and Pegasus and Haunted Bookshop and Burley Flake #2 and digging further into my stores, I have some 5 Brothers and I some Picayune that I obtained without a prescription!

Do you want to know what I’ve learned from all of this?

I’ve learned that GRANGER is absolutely OMG freakin delicious. ☝️?
I got the stuff back before it was even known to be here. I got Covid and thought I had the worst flu ever and wondered about what that covid stuff might or not be like (I thought it was going to be a wash like SARS). I couldn't smoke a pipe but honestly I know I would have had a much worse time if I didn't have nasal snuff. It really helped with the shortness of breath (SOB which is the medical abrev and the irony that it is a real SOB in the casual abrev). And with getting the excessive mucus out.
Take good care of her that way when she's better she'll owe you ;) and also because it's the right thing to do.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I make sure to retrohale a lot so that the smoke gets into my nasal cavity and kills the virus. I read that nicotine attaches to something called ACE2 receptors. The virus also attaches to those receptors, so if you fill the receptors with nicotine the virus has nowhere to attach to. The virus is then prevented from replicating and dies out.

I’m smoking to protect my lungs.

Only in these upside-down times could this make sense.

I’ve read the same. If nicotine can block the virus while I’m exposed to and caring for a Covid family member…. it’d be foolish not to do so.

Ps. Granger is my Penzance ??

Last edited:

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Then smoke 'em if you got 'em...

giphy.gif