PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Without getting into anything political, I had a co-worker who was sick with something before we all had heard of COVID. He went to work every day and, wow, he was not well. Be careful, people. In the meantime, it's nice to know my bowl of Quiet Nights is medicinal.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Prayerful hopes for patient and caretaker. Early in the pandemic, I heard about the possibility that nicotine was a preventative. I was dubious, but thought it could be true. I still don't know, but hope it is so. We've been hermits and stayed masked, and still don't feel especially self-assured, with several vulnerabilities between us. We immediately did all the recommended vacs and booster, without question -- at our age, with our medical charts. I wish safety for all.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Everyone in my factory came down with something in December 2019 that lasted for a month. At the time doctors were calling it a non specific viral infection. It was later found that we had coronavirus antibodies.
that was the scariest part of it. Like almost everyone I worked with during that time came down with something that fast.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Normally I say it is best to listen to your doctor (he may be wrong every once in a while but he will be a hell of a lot more often you). But you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, And where I draw is on smoking cigar and pipes. I'll be smoking one cigar and two pipes bowls a day per my personal physcian Dr. Myself.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I know the study is not peer reviewed,but isnt it strange how there has been no publicity.loads of other things re covid , true or false are everywhere on the interweb
Its as if they dont want to encourage smoking.
considering how we are always told its so bad for us.:)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Is there a handy source for the quoted material?

--

In addition to it's, we can have hi's, her's and their's!!!

Help stamp out repetition, gratuitous apostrophe's, and NEEDLESS, redundant, and UNNECESSARY CAPITALIZATION, **along with** superfluous *EMPHASIS*. And tautological statements which waste space and can be repetitive or even wordy in and of themselves.

These are *THE* internet *SCOURGES'*, along with exclamation point's!!!

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
All the best! I got it 10 days ago, then my two girls, now my wife. All vaccinated. Kids with almost no symptoms. What really sucks is that I have to cancel my trip to Switzerland, so instead of the view below (literally), I get the other one! On smoking pipe: had the whole "sense of smell gone for a week" thing going, so no smoking for me.beat.jpgvestam.jpg

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Is there a handy source for the quoted material?

--

In addition to it's, we can have hi's, her's and their's!!!

Help stamp out repetition, gratuitous apostrophe's, and NEEDLESS, redundant, and UNNECESSARY CAPITALIZATION, **along with** superfluous *EMPHASIS*. And tautological statements which waste space and can be repetitive or even wordy in and of themselves.

These are *THE* internet *SCOURGES'*, along with exclamation point's!!!

Jpmcwjr,
I Googled Covid / Nicotine and the page filled up with sites. — I don’t pretend to understand what I’d read. I smoke burley scraps. But the hypothesis is plausible and the jury still out.

BTW — I tested negative this morning. Wife feeling a bit better and Im happily puffin away with an elated toothy grin. We seem to be doing everything right.

SourShank

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Germany
First of all, stay well and may your wife get well better very soon.

Its interesting that others have this hypothesis as well about nicotine interacting with COVID infections. I had this thought early last year myself where I noticed nicotine users were not getting infected nearly as much (in my area) as non users.

RobertLeslie75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
Charlotte, NC
www.youtube.com
Jpmcwjr,
I Googled Covid / Nicotine and the page filled up with sites. — I don’t pretend to understand what I’d read. I smoke burley scraps. But the hypothesis is plausible and the jury still out.

BTW — I tested negative this morning. Wife feeling a bit better and Im happily puffin away with an elated toothy grin. We seem to be doing everything right.
Awesome news!! Happy smokes and Merry Christmas

Reactions: macaroni and BROBS