McClelland's #2015 VaPer Flake. Where Is It?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Having read the thread about McClelland's inability to acquire certain tobaccos that meet their stringent quality levels (and various tales of the possibility of the company closing) I'm wondering if it's the end of one of my favourite blends, #2015.
I've checked the forum sponsor websites and they are all out of it. Can it be true that #2015 is to be no more?
If this is the case then it has happened frighteningly quickly.
Regards,
Jay.

It has stepped into the Area 5100 Zone, VaPer-ized, poof, gone. I absolutely don't believe anything anyone says about Mcclellands anymore, and I have lost quite a bit of respect for them for not actually "speaking directly to the consumers." But, the fact is that there aren't anymore 2015's on any online retailers shelves at this current moment, and I will wager that the moment any does become available, it will sell out faster than an slick-splitted Esoterica in pumps at a substantially higher price. So, I am moving on.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Come to think of it, the unavailability of 2015 and a large number of other McClelland bulks leaves me wanting.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
I absolutely don't believe anything anyone says about Mcclellands anymore, and I have lost quite a bit of respect for them for not actually "speaking directly to the consumers. "
I kinda-sorta agree with this, but remember that they did talk speak to the consumer -- all they said was that they were going to discontinue 5100. Everything that followed was the result of speculation and overactive imaginations. It seems that many pipe smokers suffer from soothsayer syndrome. And then there are those who know a guy who knows a guy who talked to the McNeil's..

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
El Fumador in PA has some 412-741-1300

I am set so I personally didn’t order, but I did call to benefit all of you, as well as a B&M (check out their website they have some tins too!)

Mar 29, 2016
The McClelland tobaccos at 4Noggins are close to being depleted. 2015 disappeared very fast after the 5100 announcement.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I absolutely don't believe anything anyone says about Mcclellands anymore, and I have lost quite a bit of respect for them for not actually "speaking directly to the consumers."
If they're not finding the leaf that they want to use, the supply will dry up until that is remedied, so the shortage isn't necessarily proof of anything. We've seen examples of shortages before. But, playing devil's advocate, what good would it do to make such an announcement? All that would happen is that panic buying would ensue, hoarders and speculators would wipe out what is available in a nanosecond, and their loyal customers would get screwed.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Well I can account for about 15 pounds of it. It goes surprisingly quick towards the end. I was buying up some Dark Star over the course of a few days and it didn't seem like it would sell out for a while, then BAM! All gone.

But, playing devil's advocate, what good would it do to make such an announcement?

Rumors that they have some red Virginias waiting to finish it's third year of sweats, rumors we will never see 5100 again, going out of business, and not going out of business; lots of unanswered questions. But, really, after all of this, if they do stay in business, it will be somewhere between SG FVF level and Esoterica level of availability, because demand has gone through the roof.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
But, really, after all of this, if they do stay in business, it will be somewhere between SG FVF level and Esoterica level of availability, because demand has gone through the roof.
That's better than nothing.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Rumors that they have some red Virginias waiting to finish it's third year of sweats, rumors we will never see 5100 again, going out of business, and not going out of business; lots of unanswered questions. But, really, after all of this, if they do stay in business, it will be somewhere between SG FVF level and Esoterica level of availability, because demand has gone through the roof.
Possibly, and possibly not. FVF is the most cellared blend on record. When there was a shortage a few years back, people bought like there was no tomorrow. Then, after a delay, FVF showed up again and they couldn't give it away because everyone had stocked up. Rumors have a life of there own. The pipes and tobaccos world loves to spread, mutate, and repeat rumors. No one can control rumors in this community. They spread like a flu virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.