McClelland's #2015 VaPer Flake. Where Is It?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
Yeah, i received a one pound bag of fvf that looked like sawdust from P and C. Guess mine was the last order they tried to fill.
I thought they only came in 250g boxes for bulk. I did not know you could get loose bulk!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Well folks, the discussion is interesting but does anyone know for sure if....
A/ McClelland's #2015 is finished for good....
or....
B/ Are McClellands about to fold?
I notice too that Peretti's London Flake which many folks claim to be #2015 but with another name (they do look and smoke remarkably the same) is also out of stock. Some connection perhaps?
As Michael says, I think we are all likely to be in the dark until the owners (McNeil family?) actually make a definitive statement one way or another.
Regards,
Jay.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Anything containing red virginia is pretty much getting depleted. People are going nuts....and can't blame them cuz red virginia is the tastiest baccy on the planet.

But I think this is going beyond crazy. Russ said there's plenty of red virginia out there, just not the quality Mike McNeil wants for his blends.

Plenty of other blenders out there. Try Rattray's, C&D, etc. Even Sutliff has red virginias.
What I find interesting is if everybody thinks McClelland is going out of business, why is there no run on the Frog Morton series yet?

It seems to be specific to reds.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
That said, P&C is wiped out of Frog Morton except for "Cellar". But smokingpipes has all of them in stock (with the exception of the discontinued Across the Pond, of course)

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
Seems to be some growing talk that McClelland is going out of business. I hate to spread rumors, but a woman at a B&M store I recently stopped at advised me "stock up". That could just have been misinformation due to the halt of 5100 production, but it does make one think.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Since the news of 5100, and the "potential" closing of McClellands; many of the bulk blends along with others have been depleted. Heck, I tried to order some #2000 Fragrant Mature Cake and it was all gone. Get the bulk stuff while you can.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
A merchant telling you to buy more. So unusual, and not the least bit suspect
In fairness, they weren't exactly stocked to the rafters with McClelland products.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I still have over 30 tins of Yenidje Highlander, 39 tins of 2016/2017 Christmas Cheer, and just over 10 pounds of 5100. All set for the MCClocolypse.

Hya, ya, Hya! Hyah!!

Stampeding-Longhorns.jpg

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
With the way the current rumor mill is spinning, it is very difficult to tell what is real anymore. Speculation won't do much, but I'll certainly be sad to see the company go or in too high of demand. Some of my favorite tobaccos are McClelland flakes.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You must buy McClellands (any and all of them) that you want as fast as you can if you want to have them.
Well, based on this comment, the probability of more 2015 coming to market does not seem high. So Jay, best enjoy and cherish what you have for it shall not come this way again.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Wow, a guy doesn't log in for a year or so and all of a sudden tobacco starts disappearing. Good thing I still kept buying. Wasn't a huge consumer of Red Kake, but I did manage to stash a pound or two because it blends well with everything.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Looks like any blends I love, I need to just shut up about them. Last time I opened my mouth, a certain blend went missing for too long(a couple of weeks :wink: )Now I just pm my homies about them, :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.