McClelland's #2015 VaPer Flake. Where Is It?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Cosmic, you too? Hold on wait, you were one of the first homies I told . Besides that damn review I did.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Cosmic, it's not in stock! Damn, they can have McClelland!
Cosmic, have you tried the Mad Fiddler Flake? I believe they put Apple Jack on it, or Apple juice. It took me a minute to get past the cinnamony Katsuri. Now with half a jar left, the Apple aroma has really opened up.

wooooo

Lurker
Feb 2, 2017
Last week I asked my B&M about getting future McClelland blends and he said it was done. Not just 5100 or reds. He said if you want something buy it now because they are done. This is a man I've known for over 25 years. I've spent thousands at his shop and he told me their last order was it. They would no longer be able to get anything from McClleland. Take this for what you will but I stocked up bigly.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I asked my B&M about getting future McClelland blends and he said it was done. Not just 5100 or reds. He said if you want something buy it now because they are done.
This was exactly what I was told yesterday, too. Its all gone and there is nothing left for the B&Ms to restock now.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
But, playing devil's advocate, what good would it do to make such an announcement?
A few options:
1. Possibly just warning consumers before there is a sudden shortage. The honest option.

2. Testing the waters to see how high interest is in keeping the brand around. Figuring that once Dunhill goes, pipe smoking might well be unprofitable.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Whatever is happening w McC seems to be done now."
Quite, no warning no nothing.....just gone.
Time will tell if this is a temporary setback or something more serious but the feeling I am getting is it's most likely the latter.
Regards,
Jay.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
1. Possibly just warning consumers before there is a sudden shortage. The honest option.
Well, I'd love to believe that, but my experience informs me differently. If I was going to quit the business, knowing what I know about many my fellow pipe smokers, I wouldn't say a word until the end. That would be out of consideration to my loyal customers, the people who buy my products on a regular basis. That may sound paradoxical, but it isn't. Because, the moment I say I'm done, the hoarders and speculators are going to land like a plague of locusts a snap up every shred they can grab while the grabbing is good. If I keep my mouth shut, my customers will have months to buy what they like and the stocks will gradually reduce before somebody sounds the alarm and the locusts swarm in.
Add to that, maybe I haven't made a firm decision about any of this. Maybe I'll retire for good, maybe I won't. Maybe I need a break for a while. The only thing I owe my clients is an honest effort to do my best on their behalf. Might be a public or premature announcement isn't that.
Besides, why is it anybody else's business what they decide to do with their lives?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yeah, but isn't the line with Dunhill that things would begin to wind down in 12-18 months?

Whatever is happening w McC seems to be done now.
You're looking at vastly different levels of production. There's a ton of Dunhill available, which is no surprise. If it were a great seller, BAT wouldn't be terminating it. They are keeping Dunhill cigarettes after all.
As for McClelland, assuming what is being reported is the case, then the same thing has happened, just on a smaller scale. Stocks ran down over time until it reached the point where somebody noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.