PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Very sad, they make my favorite flakes. I hope they have a wonderful retirement, if only it were the trolls at the FDA.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
Selfishly, I'm sad. For the McNiels, I'm happy. I wish them all the best in retirement. They created a fantastic brand and they deserve all the best.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Their products have brought me many a happy moment. I wish them much of the same.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well darn. Dunhill, McClelland, and Wessex are my three favorite brands. Guess I'll have to go back to Capt Black. :)

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
A direct message from Mike
“Tell them my wife is still looking for leaf but I think there is a better chance of Taylor Swift pulling into Brian Levine's driveway ripping her clothes off and screaming Brian marry me and take all of my money!!!!!!“

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
wow horrible news. I think we all knew it was coming.
Now time for the stampede to finish off whatever McC blends are available.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
Better buy right now if you're buying, none of the other forums seem to have seen the news yet.
Sleeper pick of the day #27 .
The 10 tin limits at SP kill the ability to follow existing inventory.
True sleeper is the Royal Cajun Dark! That is a great blend the whole line is!
Before the limits, there were 750 balkan blues, 920 Frog on Town, and 1800 frog Cellar! Those were the ones I was following!
Its always nice to hear someone is retiring, happy for them!
As for me I'm well stocked and currently have enough tobacco for 40 years easy! Retire is 15 years and 25 more years enjoying my cigars and pipes!

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Well darn. Dunhill, McClelland, and Wessex are my three favorite brands. Guess I'll have to go back to Capt Black. [:)]
Wessex, too? I hadn't heard about that.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I hope that Mike and Mary have a long and happy retirement.
Many thanks for all the great blends and for holding to your standards. You’ll be missed and fondly remembered.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
True sleeper is the Royal Cajun Dark! That is a great blend the whole line is!

Ugh, you're killing me... another one I've not tried.

IDK if I can justify more buying... I bought a 50g tim of Grey Havens (as part of a larger order of 40th) to try out and was underwhelmed, but Dark Cajun sounds awesome.

They will indeed be missed.

Oct 7, 2016
I will miss them greatly. Around here, as is true nationally, craft beer is a booming business, even largely responsible for significant neighborhood rejuvenation in one close by city. Too bad the powers that be have made craft tobacco impossible.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Thanks for posting Dan. This is sad news but understandable given the circumstances. I at least have a nice selection of Christmas Cheer from 2013-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.