pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
What I'm smoking today.

SfPNFSY.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Second bowl of the day was in this CAO Meerschaum carved to look like an ear of corn. It was given to me by a pipe smoking friend on another forum shortly before he just disappeared from the world.
Jc8Niyy.jpg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Sharp carving on the USCG pipe. Accompanied by an appropriate blend as well.
Somebody asked about Meerschaum Market. Great folks to deal with.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
My oldest meer...I've had it for 55 years, bought it from my pipe shop boss after he had it for 50 years.

Amber stem and bone tenon.

famr2Hgl.jpg

zjS1UtQl.jpg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Crikeys! That’s a monster! Very cool.
Another reason to love meerschaum, it provides a palette for the creation of pipes that wouldn’t look right or even be possible in briar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
OK, my Meer was in line but now it will be next. Thanks again to fish'n'banjo for my first Meer.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I smoke my meerschaum pipes 80% of the time. With 20 of them in my collection it takes a while to get them all rotated through, but I eventually do. It also takes longer to color them, but I smoke them for the cool dry smoke and natural flavor of the tobacco.
If you don't own a meerschaum pipe I definitely recommend that you try one. I absolutely love mine.

Reactions: marconi

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Smoking my most extravagant meerschaum this morning.
That thing is just incredible. I think I remember seeing it on here once before. Truly a monumental meer. An amazing thing to have in your collection.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
My last two meerschaums. The first is an early 1950 Kirsten Transition pipe. I have two briar bowls, but keep the meerschaum bowl on it because I use it for sampling new tobacco blends.
FRitBdv.jpg

The other one is what I call a Sultan Saxophone. I found it at a flea market, unsmoked for $10. The first time I smoke it a hairline crack appeared around the bottom of the turban. I smoked it one more time and applied superglue to the crack with a toothpick. Now I just leave it on the shelf as a piece of art.
CYfgx7z.jpg