PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Anybody else celebrating the White Goddess and giving their meers some extra love this month?
Dig out that meer you don’t smoke often enough and get reacquainted. Smoke the same meer every day. Smoke a different meer every day. Smoke the same tobacco in a different meer each week. Just enjoy your meer.

Reactions: eggrollpiper

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I smoke meers more than anything else every day,all year long. Preaching to the choir brother...

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Anybody else celebrating the White Goddess and giving their meers some extra love this month?
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: burleyboy

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Not a new thing. It's one I've seen pop-up in forums for several years. Like some of the lesser holidays being created by Hallmark to sell more greeting cards, I think March Meerschaum Madness was created by Meerschaum carvers and dealers to sell more pipes. Nevertheless...
PfCK5XG.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The interesting question here is did you buy the figurine pipe and then grow the beard or the other way round? Was it one of those eureka moments when you said 'Dude! That guy looks just like me if a wrapped a bathroom roller towel around my head and then set the top on fire!'. On a serious note thats a very nice looking pipe that looks to be coloring very well. As to March Meerschaum whatever day, every day is Meerschaum Madness day for me and I don't even need the pipe to hit the correct level of madness!!

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Pappy could be onto something, I may be acting as the unwitting dupe of Big Meer. :)
Today I’ll be having the 100th bowl in my Baglan claw and egg meer. 5100 seems like the appropriate blend.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Today I’ll be having the 100th bowl in my Baglan claw and egg meer. 5100 seems like the appropriate blend.
That's impressive you've actually kept count of all those bowls. Baglan's a great carver...has made a lot of pretty wild and interesting carvings. All my meers are non-figural (just my preference) but one day I intend to get at least one figural when I come across the right one.
I never worry about it, just make sure my hands are clean.
+1

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Cool, thanks. I had read in a book that people actually put on white gloves to handle them, or held them by the stem so that the hands' oils wouldn't stain them.