Man, I love Burley. What's Your Favorite?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
4 Fresh Tsuge Ikebana Pipes
3 Fresh Tine Balleby Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

redleaderdave

Lurker
Jan 19, 2022
Bridgewater Ma
I've only been at this hobby for a few years, so I'm still in that stage of buying all sorts of different styles and blends of tobacco. For a while I had zeroed in on English blends as my blend of choice, but recently I've really found a love for Burley blends. I recently bought some Haunted Bookshop and really liked it. Then I discovered Pegasus. I don't smoke very often, but when I do I've smoked more back to back bowls of Pegasus than any other blend. Last night I broke out my stash of the last batch of Eight State Burley. I enjoyed it much more last night than I did when I first cracked it open back in the day. I ordered another tin of the new batch along with some Old Joe Krantz. I think I'm a burley guy, at least for the time being.

Whats your favorite burley blends?

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
333 from Peretti
Crumb Cut/Deluxe Crumb Cut from WCC
Match Ready Rubbed Sutliff
Wessex Burley Flake
Cobblestone Hiking

I like burley on its own and not really mixed with much else, its fine if some flavoring is added but blends like Eight State dont really appeal to me. Fresh is fine too aged Burley doesn't do much for me.

redleaderdave

Lurker
Jan 19, 2022
Bridgewater Ma
333 from Peretti
Crumb Cut/Deluxe Crumb Cut from WCC
Match Ready Rubbed Sutliff
Wessex Burley Flake
Cobblestone Hiking

I like burley on its own and not really mixed with much else, its fine if some flavoring is added but blends like Eight State dont really appeal to me. Fresh is fine too aged Burley doesn't do much for me.
Thanks for the recommendations. I haven't tried any straight burley blends yet.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I found a love for burley when I first tried Cobblestone Hiking. I haven’t been the same man since.
What is the deal with that I have only been able to find 1 tin of cobblestone and it has been on my radar for a few years. Thanks for the reminder, and the search begins again.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Welcome to the winning team.

You already enjoyed Pegasus and HB, so continue trying the rest of Bob Runowski's portfolio, as nearly all of his blends feature burley.

If you can get it, Solani Burley Flake is superb. For something different, Barbary Coast is another banger from GL Pease. For something bold, MacBuren Old Dark Fired is just the thing. And the ever reliable Briar Fox is a wonderfully consistent VaBur blend.